Windows 10: Edit contact information in People

Discus and support Edit contact information in People in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a hard time with the Windows 10 People app. I entered information for a number of friends and relatives, but the app added "other" street... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grandpa Jim, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Edit contact information in People

I'm having a hard time with the Windows 10 People app. I entered information for a number of friends and relatives, but the app added "other" street addresses and "other" e-mail addresses. Some of them are a mystery and others were changed many years ago. A former address is not another address.

Here's my frustration. I am offered the option to "Edit" the entries, but actually nothing can be altered or deleted.
    Is there some solution to this issue?

[In one case a typo entered an incorrect e-mail address. Now even that entry can't be removed.]

:)

Grandpa Jim, Oct 25, 2019

2. email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 25, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Edit contact information in People

People - New Contact

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you’re trying to import contacts from your
    Live Account
    and Microsoft account to People app.

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps to import contacts from the above mentioned accounts.

1. Open People app. Tap on Options menu
      (…) > Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Add an Account.
    3. Next choose the Email account from which you want to import your contacts.
    4. Enter your Email account credentials and sign in. Your contacts will be imported to People app.

Please refer the section Add contacts from the article
    People app help for more information.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Edit contact information in People

1. Edit contact information in People - Similar Threads - Edit contact information

2. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  3. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  4. Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?: Contacts move or change e-mail accounts. I've made typos when entering info and can't correct them. Some have two email addresses, one of which I must be careful not to select when I send an email. Another changed her phone number years ago, yet People wants me to call her at...
  5. Contact information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Contact information: How do I update my contact informations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-information/ef86dd35-7a4c-4f05-8090-93d2b02f3d56
  6. Help with People contact information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with People contact information: I am entering contact info in Windows 10 People--in a new computer. For some reason, incorrect information (like former phone numbers and street addresses) is automatically being added. When I click on Edit, I find no way to remove or update those fields. How to do so would...
  7. People - New Contact

People - New Contact: "Save to" gives me choice to save new contact details to i) 'Live' account or ii) Microsoft account. What should I do and how to I find contacts I already have in each ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-new-contact/b60cd96e-5ae8-43e5-8e50-bd2cb677d8df
  8. People App crashes when editing contacts

People App crashes when editing contacts: If I try to edit existing contacts in the People app it just closes. I can select a contact, and select the 'edit' button. When I hit the + symbol to e.g add a new phone number, People freezes for a few seconds and then closes. There is no error message....
  9. People App crashes when trying to edit contacts

People App crashes when trying to edit contacts: Every time I try to edit someone's details the app just crashes. Everytime !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app-crashes-when-trying-to-edit-contacts/831463a8-eb3f-49dd-a0b8-4eaae01d8f1b
  10. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...