Windows 10: Edit DOB

Discus and support Edit DOB in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to correct my account date of birth but whe I click on change date of Birth I can’t edit. Does anyway know of this kind of problem and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lewismaclean1, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Edit DOB

I am trying to correct my account date of birth but whe I click on change date of Birth I can’t edit. Does anyway know of this kind of problem and how to correct this?

Thanks

:)

lewismaclean1, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Hys3qm Win User

Changing child's DOB but no option to do so

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this
    child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

And I can't change the DOB from my son's account via the 'personal info' section.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

Hys3qm, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Change Child's DOB in Family but no option to do so in Microsoft account

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TimBurke101, Mar 23, 2019
  4. joolz b Win User

Edit DOB

Child can change DOB!!!!

Thanks for the 2 replies so far. Im surprised that’s all.

as i se it, a client can change their DOB. Whilst some websites might use a ‘Child’ flag to allow access i woud, expect most if not all, to use the DOB to determine age.

over and sbove this, why would snyone sllow a child to edit tgeir profile without the ‘parent’ approval to any change?

C’mon Microsoft, whats your justification and how can i make sure my child is safe online?

joolz b, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Edit DOB

1. Edit DOB - Similar Threads - Edit DOB

2. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  3. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  4. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bios cannot be edited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios cannot be edited: Hey there, ever since i switched to windows 11 i cant change anything within bios expect for time. I cant enter admin password nor click on it. EVERYTHING is grayed out in there. What do i do? I just need to turn on secure boot. Tried to do it via power shell and no result...
  6. Unable to edit DOB and country information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to edit DOB and country information: I have purchased a new windows 11 laptop and while configuring it anyhow it fetched wrong profile information which includes DOB and Country. now I am trying to change it under Microsoft account/your info/profile info but its not editable and disabled. I want to buy office...
  7. Unable to edit DOB and country information

Unable to edit DOB and country information: I have purchased a new windows 11 laptop and while configuring it anyhow it fetched wrong profile information which includes DOB and Country. now I am trying to change it under Microsoft account/your info/profile info but its not editable and disabled. I want to buy office...
  8. Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back: HiI had an adult account. I was going to add my child to an old laptop, however I mistakenly changed all of my own details to his. I have been able to change back the name etc but as he is under the age of 13 and I set the date of birth for the account to his I cannot now...
  9. Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back: HiI had an adult account. I was going to add my child to an old laptop, however I mistakenly changed all of my own details to his. I have been able to change back the name etc but as he is under the age of 13 and I set the date of birth for the account to his I cannot now...
  10. Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

in User Accounts and Family Safety