Windows 10: Edit Environment Variable after 20H2 Update?

Discus and support Edit Environment Variable after 20H2 Update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Now that update 20H2 has eliminated the System control panel what is the "correct" way to get to the dialog box that allows you to edit environment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HarryMuscle, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Edit Environment Variable after 20H2 Update?

Now that update 20H2 has eliminated the System control panel what is the "correct" way to get to the dialog box that allows you to edit environment variables?

submitted by /u/HarryMuscle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HarryMuscle, Jan 26, 2021

2. Edit - Set Environment Variables

Recently I upgraded my Machine from Win 8 to Win 10, but I encountered many problems like virtual boxes related issues that does not create any problems prior to upgrading to Win 10.My mean concern as of now is I cant edit the system variable even I logged
    as the admin of my machine.I would like to add Java Jdk but windows does not allow me to add the path to environment variables.

Is this a bug? Or what are the steps in order to edit environment variables in Windows 10 machine

Ian

ianrusseladem, Jan 26, 2021
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

4. m h g Win User

Edit Environment Variable after 20H2 Update?

Editing Environment Variables

My question is specifically about editing USER environment variables. I know how to access the system's Environment Variables dialog from Advanced System Settings using an account which is a member of the Administrators group. However, Windows 10 doesn't
    let me do that from a standard user account. Also, the console command

rundll32 sysdm.cpl,EditEnvironmentVariables

doesn't work in Build 10565 for either administrator or standard accounts. Meaning, nothing happens. The Environment Variables dialog doesn't appear. Is this a known problem in this build? Is this a problem of my own making?

m h g, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Edit Environment Variable after 20H2 Update?

1. Edit Environment Variable after 20H2 Update? - Similar Threads - Edit Environment Variable

2. edit environment variable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edit environment variable: I am unable to edit environment variables on Windows 11 i have tried all the available ways to solve this but all in vain. including disabling UAC, accessing the direct edit environment variable option from startup, messing with the registry...
  3. edit environment variable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edit environment variable: I am unable to edit environment variables on Windows 11 i have tried all the available ways to solve this but all in vain. including disabling UAC, accessing the direct edit environment variable option from startup, messing with the registry...
  4. environment variables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    environment variables: Cant get the modal window when editing my system variables from the environment variables areai get this windowand i want this window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/07d24fc8-345d-4062-8169-3fa9bb16a049
  5. environment variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    environment variables: Cant get the modal window when editing my system variables from the environment variables areai get this windowand i want this window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/07d24fc8-345d-4062-8169-3fa9bb16a049
  6. environment variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    environment variables: Hi, another question from a noob. I see in my PC environment variables at the bottom of the list a sole entry called ZES_ENABLE SYSMAN 1 .I am a sole PC home windows 10 user who only really games a lot. Should this be here, i can only find entries for this in the...
  7. Environment Variables

Environment Variables: I am unable to add USER Variable in windows environment variable setting. Not asking for Path variables in system variables. Help will be appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/0d063cb8-ccde-465d-8b8b-d5c1ea880c78
  8. environment variable

environment variable: What would happen when we deleted all the environment variable system directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variable/723a4cb6-5baf-4907-a56b-614f35d77da5
  9. Environment Variables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Environment Variables: what will happen if i accidentally delete one of those environment variables without realizing it ? and how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/fedbdf36-ce8e-4861-a775-1dc62dd1c67e
  10. Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows: How to: Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows How to Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows Environment variables are a set of dynamic named values that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. The variables can be...