Windows 10: Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...

Discus and support Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i tried to change Group policy for blocking Removable storage access. Changes applied to Admin and User Account both and blocking Removable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sagar Sarwasuddhi, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...

Hi

i tried to change Group policy for blocking Removable storage access. Changes applied to Admin and User Account both and blocking Removable storage Devices.

when i tried to allow Removable storage Devices with Edit group policy. Changes are applied to Administrator account only, not applying to user account.

can any one help me out for solution

:)

Sagar Sarwasuddhi, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Moodyk13 Win User

Apply and sync a Group Policy to a Microsoft Account

Hello, I have a few computers I set up for our company using a single Microsoft account, mainly so that I can track their location and usage.

I implemented a Group Policy on each machine to keep the users from changing the background image and lock screen. I would like to change the background image and apply it across all the devices but that can take forever having to apply to each one.

Is there away to "sync" a group policy with the account so that any machine logged into it will have the settings applied to their machine?

Moodyk13, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Applying group policy settings on standalone Windows 10 PC

I am creating a user account for my daughter and want to restrict access for that account to various tools / programs. I have created a group policy for non-administrators using mmc / group policy object, and have set the 'Prohibit access to Control Panel
    and PC settings' within that group to enabled. However, my daughters account still has access to the control panel and settings app, so the group policy is obviously not being applied.

I am using Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate), am logged in as the only administrator account, and my computer is a standalone PC not part of a domain.

I would be very grateful for any help in getting the local group policy to apply.

Many thanks in advance

DannyR_813, Jan 30, 2020
  4. biatche Win User

Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...

applying local group policy

Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings.

What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users.

If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to system32\grouppolicy but im not too sure what to do after that.

biatche, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...

1. Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in... - Similar Threads - Edit Group Policy

2. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  3. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  4. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  5. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  6. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Group Policy Applied to users with Admin Rights?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Applied to users with Admin Rights?: Hello. If I create a group policy to restrict access to a single app or to restrict access to Control Panel, is that policy applied to all USERS including those with Admin rights? I assume that the administrator type account used to create the policy is NOT restricted. Or...
  8. Signing into school account on Windows 10 without applying their group policy.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing into school account on Windows 10 without applying their group policy.: Hi guys, I attend DSU online and wanted to sign into my school account on my surface book to gain access to the Office apps but I came to figure out today that their GPOs were applying to my personal PC! Obviously I probably should've known that but is there anyway to sign...
  9. Switching Account Applied to User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  10. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...