Windows 10: Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

Discus and support Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brian Z. Patton, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of which are just plain junk) and would like to delete those as suggestions. I tried the steps with the following link and did not have any success. I do not have a AUTOCOMPLETE listing under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer".

The locked thread for a similar question under Windows Vista:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...or-genre/df180c07-78e3-44c3-a337-231f7415aa39

Thanks,

Brian

:)

Brian Z. Patton, Apr 25, 2019
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Groove Music metadata

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow methods mentioned below to edit metadata in Groove music app.

Method 1: Edit metadata using Groove.

1. Open Groove and click on
      My Music.
    2. Under My Music, use the filter menu and select
      only on this device.
    3. Right click the album with the tracks and select
      Edit info.
    4. In the Edit Album Info, you can edit the metadata information.
    5. You can even click on
      pencil
      button to update album thumbnail image.
    6. By turning on the switch under
      Show advanced options, you can change song soft title.
    7. Click on Save.

Method 2: Edit metadata using File explorer.

1. Open File Explorer and browse to the location of the songs.
    2. Right click on music file and select
      Properties.
    3. Go to Details tab and click the
      Value field next to the Property.
    4. You can edit the metadata accordingly.
    5. Then click on Apply >
      OK.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Apr 25, 2019
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

Two problems with editing metadata of music files

Good day all,

I've got 2 problems about editing metadata of music files and I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could help me with this.

1. I know that you can't tag and edit WAV files' metadata but it seems that it's possible to edit their music information through Windows Media Player. My question is, can this music information of WAV files in WMP be saved in these files in some way? It's really tiring to edit these WAV files on WMP every time after a backup and I was wondering therefore if this is possible or not.

2. For some mp3 files it's not possible to edit their metadata for some reason. The Details tab in their Properties dialog is always empty and I can't fill the blanks (Read-only is not selected). And even though I am able to edit their metadata on WMP, their Details tab still stays blank regardless. Usually, from my experience, editing the mp3 information through WMP usually fills its Details tab automatically. But for some it's just not possible. How to fix this?

JohnnyGui, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

1. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files - Similar Threads - Edit metadata autocomplete

2. Groove Music isn't letting me edit my albums metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music isn't letting me edit my albums metadata: Greetings, so I made a album with one of my friends and everything works fine, I added metadata to the .wav file made cover art and all of that, I even opened it with media player however when I open the album with groove music it says "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" and...
  3. App to better edit music metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App to better edit music metadata: I am trying to look for an app to better edit my music. Groove isn't exactly cutting it, so I was hoping someone here could help me find something. I am looking for a music metadata editor that is in-depth enough to let you change the artwork per song. For an example, the...
  4. Tool to edit EXIF metadata for pictures?

Tool to edit EXIF metadata for pictures?: Can someone recommend a GUI tool that makes it easy to edit the EXIF metadata for pictures? I am helping my dad organize some pictures and there's a large majority of them that have no EXIF data or incorrect EXIF data. The built-in Photos app looks like it allows you to...
  5. Edit Folder Metadata

Edit Folder Metadata: Hi, How do I edit folder metadata in Windows 10? There are a lot of metadata columns that could be used to display valuable information in windows explorer about a folder (author, title, genre, tags, comments, etc...). How do I edit that information? submitted by...
  6. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  7. Metadata in music folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metadata in music folder: Prior update to version 2004 OS build 19041.264 the metadata was showing track nr, artist, contributing artist etc. The data is still in the file, but not shown any more. I looked in the release notes and could not find, that they are stopping displaying columns in...
  8. editing metadata for file type without file ending

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    editing metadata for file type without file ending: Dear Microsoft Experts, we have files without a type file ending like .txt or .jpg and use Windows 10 Pro. Its just the file name. When want to edit the metadata (right click - properties) we have no success, it just cant be edited. However, my memory tell me, this worked...
  9. Groove Music metadata

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove Music metadata: How to delete album metadata that applied by Groove Music. Because I have a Coldplay album song and my emulated Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because the album metadata that applied to my song....
  10. Two problems with editing metadata of music files

in Windows 10 Support
    Two problems with editing metadata of music files: Good day all, I've got 2 problems about editing metadata of music files and I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could help me with this. 1. I know that you can't tag and edit WAV files' metadata but it seems that it's possible to edit their music information through...