Windows 10: Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?

Discus and support Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed that when I upload any music file to OneDrive, all its tags disappear and I can't add any tags to it. When dragging the file back to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JohnnyGui, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?

I noticed that when I upload any music file to OneDrive, all its tags disappear and I can't add any tags to it. When dragging the file back to my Desktop, the tags magically appear again.

Is there any way to add tags of music files stored on OneDrive?

submitted by /u/JohnnyGui
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JohnnyGui, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

I had a hard time a few weeks ago compiling MP3 files to play on MZD Connect on my Mazda. There were various tagging and data integrity issues which I fixed as below. My approach may be overkill for your needs!

MP3 File Analysis

1. MP3 files store music metadata (ID3 Tags) which can be in several formats. ID3 Tag v2.3 has proven to work with MZD Connect. The ID3 Tags can be converted in iTunes by viewing the tracks in Library / Songs view then selecting File / Convert / Convert ID3 Tags, then select v2.3. An alternative method is listed in step 3 below.
    2. Use the free program Tagscanner TagScanner - The Ultimate Tag Editor to check and edit the MP3 file metadata for artist, album art etc. The same editing can be done in iTunes but Tagscanner is much easier and faster. Check both the artist and album artist fields are completed, the song name & album name are correct, track number & disc number are set and that embedded album art is present for every track. Note multiple tracks can be selected and edited simultaneously.
    3. Check the tags for each music file are correctly set to v2.3 in Tagscanner. Cut the tag then paste it back in the same place to set v2.3 if the incorrect version is set.
    4. Perform a Google image search for the artist and album name to find a JPG file for missing album covers. Save a suitable artwork file size c. 300x300 pixels then add the album art for each track in Tagscanner.
    5. Use free program MP3Test Willkommen auf Shivan's Homepage to quickly check and test for MP3 file errors. Correct any simple errors using Tagscanner.
    6. Use the free program MP3Diags MP3 Diags to perform a detailed check of MP3 files and correct errors. This program has a learning curve and some experience to use. Inexperienced computer users may prefer to skip this step and just rely on step 5 above.

Steve C, Dec 2, 2019
  3. How to edit song properties on Groove Music?

I think I solved this. The key is that the item will not allow editing while it is in onedrive, but if you edit it before putting it in oneDrive, even when the item is off of your system it maintains the changes.

So my steps were as follows:

- Ensure Groove is looking for music in my Music folder, and my desired folder is there, not uploaded on OneDrive.

- Open Groove, and have freedom to edit the files.

- Close Groove, upload my edited files to OneDrive via the web client.

- Delete my local files for the music in question.

- Open Groove music, to find my now edited files are available as streaming only.

Not perfectly implemented, but hey, it gets the job done.

I can't seem to figure out a way to edit tags while it is uploaded to Onedrive, but it's a relatively small workaround in my opinion.

JackStrader, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?

OneDrive music streaming in Groove Music will be retired on March 31

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-streaming-faq

Brink, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?

1. Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible? - Similar Threads - Edit Music file

2. Music editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music editing: Hi all when I edit my songs in MP3tag Groove music keeps popping up. Is there anyway I can prevent this, I have had it on other machines before. I have tried stopping at start up but I get asked How do I want to run this I have a feeling factory reset will not help any help...
  3. Music editing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Music editing: Hi all when I edit my songs in MP3tag Groove music keeps popping up. Is there anyway I can prevent this, I have had it on other machines before. I have tried stopping at start up but I get asked How do I want to run this I have a feeling factory reset will not help any help...
  4. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  5. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  6. Tags in OneDrive not viewable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in OneDrive not viewable: This is a very important issue that is disastrous to over 55,000 photos and many years of work that I am sharing on OneDrive. I must find a solution. It has been going on for far too long as a known problem. Just turn on the old system it worked!!! Then disappeared....
  7. Edit ID tags in File Explorer

Edit ID tags in File Explorer: Today I find that I can no longer Edit ID Tags in File Explorer. My music files are recorded as FLAC files. The drop-down menu in File Explorer no longer has the Edit option. Also, it is not possible to Edit the ID Tags in Properties. Can anyone help?...
  8. Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?: I noticed that when I upload any music file to OneDrive, all its tags disappear and I can't add any tags to it. When dragging the file back to my Desktop, the tags magically appear again. Is there any way to add tags of music files stored on OneDrive? 145450
  9. Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files

Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files: Hi, I'm fully aware that Windows so cold "native FLAC support" is not really working as it should and due to it I have a significant issues with my music collection of 2000+ FLAC files. I added ID comments to most of these files using Mp3tag or MediaMonkey but nothing gets...
  10. Music Tags Disappears

Music Tags Disappears: All tags and details from a music mp3 file disappear after I try to add a contributing artist. The cover art disappears as well, however, the music file still plays. How to fix? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...