Windows 10: Edit name function missing from user account in Windows 10 home

Discus and support Edit name function missing from user account in Windows 10 home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have incorrectly spelt my username wrong in my user account and want to correct the spelling , however several hours later I have found this to be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Raven65, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Raven65 Win User

Edit name function missing from user account in Windows 10 home

I have incorrectly spelt my username wrong in my user account and want to correct the spelling , however several hours later I have found this to be more difficult than building a rocket and flying to the moon.

I have attached a screenshot of the user account with my account name in correctly spelt. I have checked on a friends laptop Windows 10 home and the only difference we can see is that they have a function that allows them to edit ( not change just edit) their username account.

The only difference appears to be that my laptop was once used as a network laptop for a business. So in some way the "standard operating environment" SOE is preventing me from correcting the spelling

How my options are listed in "make changes to your user account are :

Make changes to my account in PC settings
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Change Account type
    Manage another account
    Change User Account Control settings

::::::::::::I dont have the option "Change your Account name"

Everytime I log on I am reminded of my mistake. Please help.

:)

Raven65, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Raven65 Win User

I have incorrectly spelt my username wrong in my user account and want to correct the spelling , however several hours later I have found this to be more difficult than building a rocket and flying to the moon.

I have attached a screenshot of the user account with my account name in correctly spelt. I have checked on a friends laptop Windows 10 home and the only difference we can see is that they have a function that allows them to edit ( not change just edit) their username account.

The only difference appears to be that my laptop was once used as a network laptop for a business. So in some way the "standard operating environment" SOE is preventing me from correcting the spelling

How my options are listed in "make changes to your user account are :

Make changes to my account in PC settings
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Change Account type
    Manage another account
    Change User Account Control settings

::::::::::::I dont have the option "Change your Account name"

Everytime I log on I am reminded of my mistake. Please help.

Raven65, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Edit name function missing from user account in Windows 10 home :(

Zakin, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Edit name function missing from user account in Windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Edit name function

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition

User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition: Hello, Having an issue that came on suddenly: The other user that has an account on my Windows 10 Home Edition no longer appeared as a log-in option when booting up, or when right clicking on the avatar. Booting into safe mode yielded the same result. There is no restore...
  6. User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition: Hello, Having an issue that came on suddenly: The other user that has an account on my Windows 10 Home Edition no longer appeared as a log-in option when booting up, or when right clicking on the avatar. Booting into safe mode yielded the same result. There is no restore...
  7. User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing

Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home. There are two user accounts on the PC, both Administrator accounts. When the computer is started, only a single account shows up for login. When I've logged into that account and go to the start menu, there is no Switch User setting....
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Missing from My account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Missing from My account: I already had Minecraft Windows 10 Edition downloaded on my computer from 2 years ago but when I loaded it, it said it was only a demo version and that i needed to purchase the game I already owned. I got the free copy from my Minecraft Java account. I have my Code here:...
  10. Windows 10 (Home edition) user (Administration) account got deleted.

Windows 10 (Home edition) user (Administration) account got deleted.: Hi Team, My windows account got deleted. Am unable to unlock and login to the system. F8 is not working when restarting laptop. Help me in this regards, Thanks DT...