Windows 10: Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Do someone know how to access or edit the "Open Folder with" list of options ? In registry or elsewhere. To edit the "Open with" for a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Irau, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Irau Win User

Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer

Hi,

Do someone know how to access or edit the "Open Folder with" list of options ? In registry or elsewhere.

To edit the "Open with" for a specific file type, I know the registry path is the following:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

But I did not find the one for "Open Folder with". Unless folders have a specific hidden type ?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards,

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Edit options list

2. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  3. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  4. Can't edit folder options Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't edit folder options Win 11: I am trying to change the Folder Options. The Advanced Settings has a number of checkboxes under Files and Folders. I cannot edit these at all. Clicking on the boxes does nothing at all....
  5. Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out: Am trying to uninstall printer driver software in Windows 10, but get a message that I need permission from SYSTEM. I tried to change the security properties in the referenced folder, but all the edit options are greyed out. Thoughts?...
  6. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  7. Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using...: Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using vbscript or a DOS command? And while we are at it, Is there a way using vbscript or a DOS command, to get a list of all: The .doc? files that are open? The .pdf files that are open?...
  8. Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list: File explorer is pinned to the taskbar. The pinned list contains various folders. I cannot open a folder on the pinned list with a left mouse single or double click. I can right click them and open them. A single click on the pinned File Explorer will launch File Explorer....
  9. View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders: In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions? In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view. 60991
  10. Open Folder Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Folder Options in Windows 10: How to: Open Folder Options in Windows 10 How to Open Folder Options for File Explorer in Windows 10 You can use File Explorer Options (aka: Folder Options) to change the way files and folders function and how items are displayed on your computer. This tutorial will...