Windows 10: edit or delete tags in windows10

Discus and support edit or delete tags in windows10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys I'm trying to find the master list of tags used in pictures / music etc. I have quite a few misspelt ones that are being offered as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeilSackley, Jun 27, 2020.

1. edit or delete tags in windows10

Hi guys

I'm trying to find the master list of tags used in pictures / music etc. I have quite a few misspelt ones that are being offered as suggestions. I need to edit or delete it completely from the master list.

I don't want to have to go through every file.

This must be an option somewhere but I really can't find it.

Thanks

:)

NeilSackley, Jun 27, 2020

2. Tags in Windows 10

I know there must be something because when I individually or group edit say a list of photos and start to type a list of potential matching meta tags appear. If, as you suggest, they are held individually then this wouldn't happen. Also in Windows 8 there
    was a 3rd party app that would list and allow you to add/change/delete all of them.

I'll keep looking or create it myself.

The Highland Lass, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Removing TAG suggestions

Is there a way to remove TAG suggestions?

I use tags for pictures/videos & docs but over time a lot of tags have been created which are misspelt or wrong. I would like to delete these.

A few people have asked about this before & for some reason the solution given seems to be about removing or editing an individual tag in a single file.I am looking for a solution to remove the list in total.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Vijay.

vijayrchandran, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

edit or delete tags in windows10

Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

I had a hard time a few weeks ago compiling MP3 files to play on MZD Connect on my Mazda. There were various tagging and data integrity issues which I fixed as below. My approach may be overkill for your needs!

MP3 File Analysis

1. MP3 files store music metadata (ID3 Tags) which can be in several formats. ID3 Tag v2.3 has proven to work with MZD Connect. The ID3 Tags can be converted in iTunes by viewing the tracks in Library / Songs view then selecting File / Convert / Convert ID3 Tags, then select v2.3. An alternative method is listed in step 3 below.
    2. Use the free program Tagscanner TagScanner - The Ultimate Tag Editor to check and edit the MP3 file metadata for artist, album art etc. The same editing can be done in iTunes but Tagscanner is much easier and faster. Check both the artist and album artist fields are completed, the song name & album name are correct, track number & disc number are set and that embedded album art is present for every track. Note multiple tracks can be selected and edited simultaneously.
    3. Check the tags for each music file are correctly set to v2.3 in Tagscanner. Cut the tag then paste it back in the same place to set v2.3 if the incorrect version is set.
    4. Perform a Google image search for the artist and album name to find a JPG file for missing album covers. Save a suitable artwork file size c. 300x300 pixels then add the album art for each track in Tagscanner.
    5. Use free program MP3Test Willkommen auf Shivan's Homepage to quickly check and test for MP3 file errors. Correct any simple errors using Tagscanner.
    6. Use the free program MP3Diags MP3 Diags to perform a detailed check of MP3 files and correct errors. This program has a learning curve and some experience to use. Inexperienced computer users may prefer to skip this step and just rely on step 5 above.

Steve C, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

edit or delete tags in windows10

1. edit or delete tags in windows10 - Similar Threads - edit delete tags

2. Lost function: Editing Tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost function: Editing Tags: I have lost the ability to edit tags in the details pane of the File Explorer. Sure, I can click on "Properties" -> "Details" -> "Tags", but that is a whole lot more clicks for something that I want to do all the time. Any ideas?I'm running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. I just...
  3. Lost function: Editing Tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost function: Editing Tags: I have lost the ability to edit tags in the details pane of the File Explorer. Sure, I can click on "Properties" -> "Details" -> "Tags", but that is a whole lot more clicks for something that I want to do all the time. Any ideas?I'm running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. I just...
  4. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  5. File Explorer Tagging Editing

File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  6. Windows10 home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 home edition: Hello, Can somebody tell me how i can see my digital license from microsoft for Windows10 home edition. I got a free upgrade from windows 7 and now i need to reinstall windows10 home edition on my computer because of a blue screen loop i can,t get out of....
  7. Edit ID tags in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit ID tags in File Explorer: Today I find that I can no longer Edit ID Tags in File Explorer. My music files are recorded as FLAC files. The drop-down menu in File Explorer no longer has the Edit option. Also, it is not possible to Edit the ID Tags in Properties. Can anyone help?...
  8. Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags

Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags: Dear, In the file explorer I tagged all my pictures with references to people names, places, special occasions, etc... It's a huge work, especially for the faces, but it's the only way to find after many years later pictures. As the info is stored in the file you can...
  9. Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer: I'm having a trouble while I try to edit mp3 tags from windows explorer... I don't know why I can't now, I reinstalled windows but I've always was able to edit things such as album or even give the song 5 stars. [ATTACH] That's how how it should be seen, but it doesn't...
  10. Windows10-New install. Unable to delete/edit certain folders/drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10-New install. Unable to delete/edit certain folders/drives.: Hi Guys Ok Im hoping this is something simple but I am weary of messing around with premissions etc. I have a couple of discovered problems I would appreciate guidance and help for please: I am logged on as administrator and only have the administrator profile in use...