Windows 10: Edit PageSetup for all users with PowerShell ? HKLM ?

Discus and support Edit PageSetup for all users with PowerShell ? HKLM ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Morning, everyone, Sorry if the title is not very explicit. But here's my problem. I need to enable the "Print Background Colord and Images" setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meffapefecy, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Edit PageSetup for all users with PowerShell ? HKLM ?

Morning, everyone,
    Sorry if the title is not very explicit. But here's my problem. I need to enable the "Print Background Colord and Images" setting for all users with PowerShell script.
    Currently I can activate it by the current user using an HKCU key HCKU:\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup\ -Name 'Print_Background'.
    I don't know much about registry keys...
    But I would like to be able, from an administrator session, to be able to modify this parameter for all possible users and that in the event of creation of a new user, this one be automatically assigned by this parameter to the right value.
    I'm stuck on that. I tried to create an HKLM key but I couldn't modify this parameter for everyone using this method.

Bonjour à tous,

Désolé si le titre n'est pas très explicite. Mais voilà mon problème. Je dois activer le parametre "Print Background Colord and Images" pour tout les utilisateur .
    Actuellement je peux l'activer par l'utilisateur courant en passant par une clef HKCU HCKU:\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup\ -Name 'Print_Background'.

Je n'ai pas beaucoup de connaissance en clef de registre..

Mais je voudrais pouvoir, à partir d'une session administrateur, pouvoir modifier ce paramètre pour l'ensemble des possibles utilisateurs et que en cas de création d'un nouvel utilisateur, celui-ci soit automatiquement affectés par ce parametre à la bonne valeur.
    Je bloque là-dessus. J'ai essayé de créer une clef HKLM mais je n'ai pas réussi à modifier ce paramètre pour tout le monde à partir de cette méthode.

:)

Meffapefecy, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Yvonne Win User

Edit PageSetup for all users with PowerShell ? HKLM ?

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Edit PageSetup for all users with PowerShell ? HKLM ?

1. Edit PageSetup for all users with PowerShell ? HKLM ? - Similar Threads - Edit PageSetup users

2. Change Edit option for Powershell files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Edit option for Powershell files: How can I change the default program when I select edit from the context menu when right clicking on a Powershell file.I swear, if anyone tell me the general how to change a default program, I am going to lose it since that does not change it....
  3. CHtmlView and PageSetup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHtmlView and PageSetup: In my application I allow the user to invoke the CHtmlView Page Setup dialog:The above in using Windows 11. Here is the question ....Because the control was using IE under the hood, sometimes I would tell the user that they could fire up IE, and use the page setup window...
  4. CHtmlView and PageSetup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHtmlView and PageSetup: In my application I allow the user to invoke the CHtmlView Page Setup dialog:The above in using Windows 11. Here is the question ....Because the control was using IE under the hood, sometimes I would tell the user that they could fire up IE, and use the page setup window...
  5. Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users

Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users: I am trying to remove Several Windows 10 Apps via Powershell and I mean I have done extensive research but just can not seem to get it to work. It works great for 1 user but not all users. Am I doing something wrong or what cause this is getting annoying lol....
  6. Missing "Installer" in registry edit -> hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing "Installer" in registry edit -> hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows: Hi guys, I recently tried installing CorelDraw and this error message popped up "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator" I tried following troubleshooting steps where it asked me to: start > run regedit Browse the registry...
  7. Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users: Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to ask, especially considering how pointed the question is. We're trying to do a thorough clean install of a software due to changing the version (specifically, we're moving from SolidWorks 2017 to 2020 SP04). However, the issue...
  8. Registry Change For All Users - HKCU vs HKLM

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry Change For All Users - HKCU vs HKLM: I have a very simple utility I found that has a few settings. If you make changes those settings are stored in HKCU\Software and then the product name\Settings. I want to install the utility so that anyone on the machine that logs on has those same settings, so I installed...
  9. Powershell Local Policy editing

Powershell Local Policy editing: Hello guys! At my company, we install PC's and the installation method is rather long. But as I can see, a lot of it can be scripted/automatised. I'm not getting anywhere with it, as I edit Policy values in the Registry, it does not show up in the gpedit.msc window. One...
  10. Default User Name in HKLM-Winlogon & change in MSaccount log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default User Name in HKLM-Winlogon & change in MSaccount log in: While inspecting the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\winlogon I noticed the Default User Name still holds a previous record of previous ISP email address existing previous to Jan 2015. I did go into the Microsoft account and change the default email for...