Windows 10: Edit PDF File from SharePoint Online Site

Discus and support Edit PDF File from SharePoint Online Site in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, i stumbled over this article when i browsed facebook. And thought i will share it here *Smile Table of Contents Introduction Challenges that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sbh7600, Sep 7, 2019.

1. sbh7600 Win User

Edit PDF File from SharePoint Online Site

Hello, i stumbled over this article when i browsed facebook. And thought i will share it here *Smile

Table of Contents

• Introduction
    • Challenges that we had in PDF editing from SharePoint?
    • Advantages of editing PDF from SharePoint Online.
    • How to configure and integrate the Adobe Document Cloud with SharePoint Online?
    • A practical example of PDF editing.

Introduction

We know that Microsoft is continuing to change their products one after another and version to version. In that context, Office 365 is no exception. One of the things about Office 365 is that it changes all the time. The much-awaited recent changes (June 2019) are that now we can modify the PDF from SharePoint Online itself which is an awesome news to many SharePoint Online users. Microsoft and Adobe have worked together to make PDF files work better with SharePoint Online.

Challenges we had in PDF editing from SharePoint

The problem was that PDF files needed to be downloaded from SharePoint Online to the local computer to work with and then, uploaded back to SharePoint. This was a traditional way of working with PDF editing. Despite being able to work with PDF files in SharePoint on-premises libraries, the lack of support for the same functionality in SharePoint Online has been a source of frustration for users and tenant administrators alike.

Advantages of editing PDF from SharePoint Online

If you install the new file handler, named as the Adobe Document Cloud PDF Experience for Office 365, things get much smoother for PDFs. This is designed to deepen the integrations with SharePoint and OneDrive.
    Now, you can do inline commenting, drawing, and highlighting the selected text, and much more stuff. The Adobe Document Cloud also now supports single login with Azure Active Directory which is an awesome feature – this establishes seamless connectivity between SharePoint Online and Adobe Document Cloud, which is dramatically simplifying the login and avoiding the multiple account logins.

How to configure and integrate the Adobe Document Cloud with SharePoint Online?

Now, I will explain how this can be done. Go to this link to Adobe Document Cloud PDF Experience for Office.
    Attachment 246426

Click on “Get IT NOW” button. You will get the following registration page.

Edit PDF File from SharePoint Online Site [​IMG]

If you are already logged in to your SharePoint Online environment, this will pick your tenant account details automatically. Then, you can see the message in the bottom of the page like ”You are signed in as" – but if you are not signed in to your SharePoint Online environment, you will need to input your username and password.

Name Work Email Phone Number
    Finally, you need to select the terms and condition (checkbox) – then click on the “Continue” button.

After clicking on the “Continue” button, we need to wait for some time. On the screen, we can see the below progress bar.

After some time, the new windows need will show up.

*Smile

:)

sbh7600, Sep 7, 2019

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Edit PDF File from SharePoint Online Site

PDF Files

How to Open PDF in Word: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

orlbuckeye, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Edit PDF File from SharePoint Online Site

1. Edit PDF File from SharePoint Online Site - Similar Threads - Edit PDF File

2. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  3. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Search and Restore file from SharePoint Online using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Search and Restore file from SharePoint Online using PowerShell: When having SharePoint Online, one can easily recover items from the Recycle Bin, but unfortunately, there is no search facility for the Recycle Bin from the web interface. We can use PowerShell to easily search for the item. To be able to connect, we need to install the new...
  5. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen reporting a SharePoint Online site is unsafe to SOME users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender SmartScreen reporting a SharePoint Online site is unsafe to SOME users: We are experiencing this for more than two months now.We are a US-based small business with established services including Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure Cloud Services, etc with Microsoft.SharePoint Online site is used to collaborate with our global clients.Recently...
  6. Sharepoint Online: Using the URL file preview from Details pane

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sharepoint Online: Using the URL file preview from Details pane: Hi everyone, crossposting this from Stack Exchange. I don't exactly expect an answer because of just how peculiar the question is but I'll try anyway. I'm trying to make a document library containing PDF files and URL files. I want previews/thumbnails for all of the files....
  7. File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online: I have hunted around for a solution and can't find any recent posts. SP allows path lengths of 400 characters but synching to the OneDrive client runs into errors accessing files with paths over 260 characters. Has anyone found a viable fix for this? Our pilot folders 200GB...
  8. Edit PDF File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit PDF File: I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program only and I have a PDF file that I would like to edit. I understand that there is a way to do this if you also have Word. I only have WPAD, not Word. Is there anyway to do this without subscribing to Adobe's subscription service for...
  9. Edit pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Edit pdf file: Hi How do I edit a pdf file? I've filled in a form, saved it to desktop as pdf, but noticed I missed something off on the form, gone back to fill in I've opened the form via Adobe Acrobat reader, clicked on "edit pdf" but it opens in a new tab quoting prices. 127817
  10. SharePoint Anonymous Site

in Windows 10 Customization
    SharePoint Anonymous Site: When using an anonymous SharePoint Site you previously were able to deselect the tick box for send invitation and you could copy the link and send this previously. We haven't applied any changes to the site but in the last week or so we have no longer been able to deselect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edit pdf from sharepoint online

2. sharepoint and pdf files