Windows 10: Edited DNS server and IP, now internet is messed up.

Discus and support Edited DNS server and IP, now internet is messed up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm in a garage apartment, using DSL, using a router that has an Ethernet cord plugged into the wall. The modem is inside the house on the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Seajel, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Seajel Win User

Edited DNS server and IP, now internet is messed up.

I'm in a garage apartment, using DSL, using a router that has an Ethernet cord plugged into the wall. The modem is inside the house on the same property.

I manually set my IP address and the DNS servers and entered some commands in CMD (netsh winsock resetipconfig /flushdnsipconfig /release ipconfig /renew). I was trying to get better ping in games.

Then all of a sudden I couldn't connect to game servers. For instance, cannot to Overwatch servers, but can connect to Team Fortress 2 servers. It says lost connection to game server when I'm trying to log in. It's the same with several other games. Also, videos now start streaming in low quality on my Roku and PC. Now, I cannot download anything because there is a network error shortly after a download starts. Pages also load slowly.

The computer in the house has download speeds of 15Mbps. In the garage, 0.4. Both computers are hard wired. The download speeds were slower before this started, but i was still able to download and connect to games.

I have tried a network reset, factory reset of my router, power cycling both the modem in the house and the router in the garage, several other CMD commands that are network related, reinstalled Windows, turned off automatically detect Proxy settings, and several other things that people suggested.

:)

Seajel, Jun 19, 2019

2. DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 26, 2019
  3. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Edited DNS server and IP, now internet is messed up. [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Edited DNS server and IP, now internet is messed up. [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Seajel Win User

I'm in a garage apartment, using DSL, using a router that has an Ethernet cord plugged into the wall. The modem is inside the house on the same property.

I manually set my IP address and the DNS servers and entered some commands in CMD (netsh winsock resetipconfig /flushdnsipconfig /release ipconfig /renew). I was trying to get better ping in games.

Then all of a sudden I couldn't connect to game servers. For instance, cannot to Overwatch servers, but can connect to Team Fortress 2 servers. It says lost connection to game server when I'm trying to log
    in. It's the same with several other games. Also, videos now start streaming in low quality on my Roku and PC. Now, I cannot download anything because there is a network error shortly after a download starts. Pages also load slowly.

The computer in the house has download speeds of 15Mbps. In the garage, 0.4. Both computers are hard wired. The download speeds were slower before this started, but i was still able to download and connect
    to games.

I have tried a network reset, factory reset of my router, power cycling both the modem in the house and the router in the garage, several other CMD commands that are network related, reinstalled Windows,
    turned off automatically detect Proxy settings, and several other things that people suggested.

Seajel, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Edited DNS server and IP, now internet is messed up. - Similar Threads - Edited DNS server

2. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  3. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  4. Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019: I'm trying to set up Windows Server 2019. I've set static IP on server machine192.168.0.107. And When I give the same IP for DNS server. Internet stops working. Both the static IP192.168.0.107 and DNS server IP192.168.0.107 should be the same, shouldn't it? When I give the...
  5. Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019

Internet stops working when I change DNS Server IP on Windows Server 2019: I'm trying to set up Windows Server 2019. I've set static IP on server machine192.168.0.107. And When I give the same IP for DNS server. Internet stops working. Both the static IP192.168.0.107 and DNS server IP192.168.0.107 should be the same, shouldn't it? When I give the...
  6. AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,

AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,: I screwed something up big time when I went into BIOS...the shorter version: AIsuite3.exe gives me multiple termination windows, Chrome keeps telling me my connection is not secure, as well as a few other hiccups (Steam wont let me in). I tried resetting CMOS,I had the local...
  7. Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration

Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration: Hi all, I'm trying to manually set the IP configuration on my Windows 10 last build PC. When I fill the field "Preferred DNS", I'm getting an error "Can't save IP settings. Check one or more settings and try again". [ATTACH] I tried to configure the DNS address also in...
  8. IP, DNS, confussion

IP, DNS, confussion: Why do I get a different ip address showing on different network scanner apps? I’ve looked up the addresses in Whois and all I’m getting back is this is a private address. I don’t understand how they differ from apps. Now DNS this just goes straight over my head. I just...
  9. No internet DNS server not found.

No internet DNS server not found.: Tried everything, including changing DNS address in IP ver 4 (TCP/IPv4), rebooting router (wired connection on a wireless/wired router). I just went back to auto obtain. How can I unblock the WSH default outbound? [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  10. internet is messed up

internet is messed up: so my connection's were fine until one of my friends changed my calendar to date to 1989 then later I couldn't go to sites like YouTube, Microsoft edge was useless On my desktop it when trying to into any site it says this. I've thought of reseting windows but I don't know if...