Windows 10: Editing a scanned PDF document

Discus and support Editing a scanned PDF document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I own a Microsoft Surface with the latest windows update (1903 I think). I used to be able to open a scanned document in Paint and edit it (this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnKearns2, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Editing a scanned PDF document

I own a Microsoft Surface with the latest windows update (1903 I think). I used to be able to open a scanned document in Paint and edit it (this was primarily erasing unwanted content).

I scanned a document today, and can find no way to edit it. Is there something I can install in my computer that would allow me to edit this and other documents? Thanks for your help.

John Kearns

:)

JohnKearns2, Sep 27, 2019

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Sep 27, 2019
  3. How do I scan to PDF document?

All my scans are creating a jpg. I need pdf documents. How do I scan on my Brother printer thus making the document scanned a PDF without an extra step?

MARYMEULLEN, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Editing a scanned PDF document

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Greetings all,

In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility mode. The Windows10 Fax & Scan program does not list PDF as a scan-to file conversion option. Only jpeg, bitmap, txt, etc..

Is there a way to tweak or add-on something to Windows Fax & Scan to make it scan documents into PDF format? Thank-you for any guidance with this.

-Allen

AllenChicago, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Editing a scanned PDF document

1. Editing a scanned PDF document - Similar Threads - Editing scanned PDF

2. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  3. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  4. Faster way to edit word in pdf document

Faster way to edit word in pdf document: Dear folk I have editable 30 pages pdf document I need to modify it For instance : I need to strikeout those 3 words “proposed, new, action” What I am doing now search for each word within 30 pages to cross them Is there a faster way like find and replace ? Thx...
  5. Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan: I just switched to a new computer and Windows 10. The software for scanning that came with my Canon Pixma multifunction printer doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. I am using Windows Scan instead. But I can't figure out how to scan multi-page documents into one PDF file. This...
  6. Printing to PDF from scanned document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing to PDF from scanned document: I have Office 365 and I can print to my Canon printer. I have a printer listed as ABS PDF Driver v400, which I am assuming will print the file to a PDF. When I print to it, it gives me an error "Printer not activated code - 30" Could someone help or give me a suggesting so...
  7. Scanning documents to PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning documents to PDF file: How can I get documents to scan to a pdf file instead of the GIF, BITMAP, or PNG, These are the only options available in the scan application. I need to be able to scan documents and save them in a PDF format....
  8. Scan Issue - Document Scans to very large PDF Size

Scan Issue - Document Scans to very large PDF Size: Win 10 app Scan Issue - Document Scans to very large PDF Size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-issue-document-scans-to-very-large-pdf-size/c6fe6d78-6324-4ed6-a942-fd8d4daebab2
  9. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  10. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?: Greetings all, In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility...