Windows 10: Editing a video in movie maker

Discus and support Editing a video in movie maker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to trim a video in the movie maker app, but when I cut the video to where I want and save it, it just saves the whole video again. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amaan-Ali, May 14, 2020.

1. Amaan-Ali Win User

Editing a video in movie maker

Hi, I am trying to trim a video in the movie maker app, but when I cut the video to where I want and save it, it just saves the whole video again. How can I cut the video into the section I want and save only that portion and delete the rest?

:)

Amaan-Ali, May 14, 2020

2. Editing with Movie maker

Hi Kamath,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will help you with this.

I would suggest you to try to edit one more video to check whether the problem with Movie maker or video itself.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, May 14, 2020
  3. Arcadian Win User
    Windows Movie Maker video problems....

So what to do ? Editing a video in movie maker :)

Arcadian, May 14, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Movie Maker video problems....

And it's absolutely correct - there is no video in that file because it isn't a movie. It's a .wlmp Windows Live Movie Maker Project file, nothing more than a list of the source videos, the edit points and the transition effects saved in xml format.

Thema:

1. Editing a video in movie maker - Similar Threads - Editing video movie

2. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  3. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  4. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  5. Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing

Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing: Hello! I create and edit videos for work and have always used Movie Maker until recently when it kept freezing on me. I moved over to the video editing tool on the Photos app, which worked for a moment, but now after having spent hours on one project, it crashes almost...
  6. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker): Whenever I go to open an mp4 file onto the video editor, it pops up with the following message: 'These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them: Frappe.mov - Copy.mp4.' If someone could assist me on how to fix this problem, that'd be great!...
  7. Video Update Driver for Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Update Driver for Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker and it is running slow. The message that I am getting is to install a driver card or update one. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-update-driver-for-movie-maker/3d5e009c-0ff7-475c-aba4-26317c93a441
  8. editing in movie maker 10

editing in movie maker 10: Hello I'm trying to edit/split stills in the video I have made but can only see how to trim the beginning and end of each clip. How do I use the marker feature as it doesn't seem to change the video at all. Thanks...
  9. Windows Movie Maker video problems....

Windows Movie Maker video problems....: Does anyone use or has used Windows Movie Maker which is a great little video editing programme ? I know it was designed for Win 7 but in the link below it says suitable for Win 10 but having tried all I know for some reason I still can't get it to work at all. Virtual...
  10. No Movie Maker, how do I import, edit and burn videos

in Windows 10 Support
    No Movie Maker, how do I import, edit and burn videos: OK. Movie Maker is not there BUT I can't find anything that could take it's place. The goal is to be able to import videos, edit and burn them. There is nothing in 10 that I can find. I am guessing this is why my videos from external HD backup came in WITHOUT the video and...