Windows 10: Editing custom dictionary in Word

Discus and support Editing custom dictionary in Word in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have found how to edit 'custom.dic' and have removed some oddities that had crept in. However one problem (that I know of) remains. In MSWord, I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ALANGR, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ALANGR Win User

Editing custom dictionary in Word

I have found how to edit 'custom.dic' and have removed some oddities that had crept in.

However one problem (that I know of) remains. In MSWord, I type the correct word and when I hit return it changes to an incorrect spelling (that I must have entered by mistake at some point).

My query is how to correct this autocorrection as it is not in custom.dic.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Winver 1909-18363.720

:)

ALANGR, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Alan,

Word Options, Proofing, AutoCorrect Options, AutoCorrect tab
    and look through the Replace as you type list for the false correction entry.
    Editing custom dictionary in Word [​IMG]

Denis

3. Dinasis Win User
    How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Editing custom dictionary in Word

E66 - Possible to edit/delete word in T9 dictionary

Hi

I have a problem with my T9 dictionary.

A wrong word is added to the list and this is the first word to be suggested for a very common input, very annoying as the combination is used a lot.

Is it possible to edit the T9 list in the phone?

Rgds

Jesper

mathe---01, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Editing custom dictionary in Word - Similar Threads - Editing custom dictionary

2. Dictionary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictionary: My dictionary is stuck on French and I need it on plain old English. I have tried every help item I could find with no success. How do I get this changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictionary/6c394098-3df6-485a-9f02-4247e35abec2
  3. Can't add to custom dictionary Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add to custom dictionary Microsoft IME: With the Japanese IME, there are certain kanji that don't show up in that dropdown list when I type the reading. E.g. to . I tried adding these myself with the Microsoft IME User Dictionary Tool, but it's not working. I can see the word was successfully added to the...
  4. Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary

Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary: I am a Desktop Technicain and I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to resolve.I need to find several misspelled words that were accidently added to the dictionary. I am unable to locate the words so I can delete them. I have checked in WORD-Options- Proofing-Custom...
  5. Dictionary +

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dictionary +: Необходимо в срочном порядке отредактировать словари для различных компьютерных программ и операционных систем компаний Microsoft Windows, Word etc., Adobe, Apple, Android, Google, Yandex, OpenOffice, Ubuntu и т.д. • Имена собственные: топонимы как Москва, Александров,...
  6. Autocorrect Dictionary - Word

Autocorrect Dictionary - Word: Does anyone know how to back up the auto correct dictionary in Word when using Office 365 with Windows 10 or how to print a copy of the auto correct dictionary entries? I used to be able to do this with Windows 7 but cannot figure out how in Windows 10....
  7. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.: The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-add-to-dictionary-function-wont-work-in-word/84b65411-ec15-4caa-b20d-6611a82ad64b
  8. migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I have a large custom dictionary in Word loaded on Windows 7 enterprise. I have tried migrating it to Windows 10 and keep failing to do this correctly. Even though I see that ithe custom dictionary is installed (I can open it and see the words), when I type the words in a...
  9. Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10: How to: Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10 How to Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Recognition Dictionary Words in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone,...
  10. Dictionary in Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Dictionary in Word?: Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a dictionary. I want to use the dictionary to learn the meaning of selected words, as opposed to adding words to the grammar...