Windows 10: editing document

Discus and support editing document in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot understand why in some pages text is 2 lines shorter than in others, all pages having same margins and size. Can someone help? THANK YOU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MariaPGN, Feb 23, 2021.

1. MariaPGN Win User

editing document

I cannot understand why in some pages text is 2 lines shorter than in others, all pages having same margins and size.

Can someone help?

THANK YOU

:)

MariaPGN, Feb 23, 2021

2. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Feb 23, 2021
  4. editing document

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

editing document

1. editing document - Similar Threads - editing document

2. I saved my word document manually several times after making several edits, now all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I saved my word document manually several times after making several edits, now all...: I saved my Word document manually several times after making several edits. When I re-started my computer, I opened my word document and nothing had saved- when I tried to press the "auto recovery" button, it would say "error" and now it doesn't say auto-recovery at all. I...
  3. I saved my word document manually several times after making several edits, now all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I saved my word document manually several times after making several edits, now all...: I saved my Word document manually several times after making several edits. When I re-started my computer, I opened my word document and nothing had saved- when I tried to press the "auto recovery" button, it would say "error" and now it doesn't say auto-recovery at all. I...
  4. why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?: I tried to sign in with my school account but it is saying my school account is no longer active. my google account is saying it does not have office. please help me....
  5. why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?

why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?: I tried to sign in with my school account but it is saying my school account is no longer active. my google account is saying it does not have office. please help me....
  6. How can I allow multiple people editing a PDF document at the same time on SharePoint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I allow multiple people editing a PDF document at the same time on SharePoint?: I am trying to create a collaborative location for markups on PDF documents for business purposes. The document needs to be able to be accessed by multiple people at once rather than check-in and check-out, but also allow all users to view changes in real time. This seems to...
  7. How can I allow multiple people editing a PDF document at the same time on SharePoint?

How can I allow multiple people editing a PDF document at the same time on SharePoint?: I am trying to create a collaborative location for markups on PDF documents for business purposes. The document needs to be able to be accessed by multiple people at once rather than check-in and check-out, but also allow all users to view changes in real time. This seems to...
  8. when I am editing a word document after I draw a small circle around an answer i am unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I am editing a word document after I draw a small circle around an answer i am unable...: When I am in a word document I am unavle to scroll the page after entering the drawing mode. I was able to a week ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-editing-a-word-document-after-i-draw-a/bf713e47-8558-4237-ac52-2baef5d6484e
  9. when I am editing a word document after I draw a small circle around an answer i am unable...

when I am editing a word document after I draw a small circle around an answer i am unable...: When I am in a word document I am unavle to scroll the page after entering the drawing mode. I was able to a week ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-editing-a-word-document-after-i-draw-a/bf713e47-8558-4237-ac52-2baef5d6484e
  10. How to change the default folder location for scanned documents on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the default folder location for scanned documents on Windows 10 Home Edition: Hello,My computer recently crashed.I reset the OS and now I find that my scanned documents are being saved to the "Documents" sub-folder located within the "My Pictures" folder.Previously when I the scanned documents they would be saved to the "Scanned Documents" folder...