Windows 10: EDITING EXTERNAL DRIVE INFORMATION

Discus and support EDITING EXTERNAL DRIVE INFORMATION in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HAVE A 2 TB EXTERNAL DRIVE HOOKED UP TO MY DESKTOP. IT HAS MANY FILES FROM OTHER COMPUTERS ON IT THAT I NEED TO EDIT, BUT CAN'T SEAM TO GET RIGHTS TO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steve 361, Oct 30, 2019.

1. steve 361 Win User

EDITING EXTERNAL DRIVE INFORMATION

HAVE A 2 TB EXTERNAL DRIVE HOOKED UP TO MY DESKTOP. IT HAS MANY FILES FROM OTHER COMPUTERS ON IT THAT I NEED TO EDIT, BUT CAN'T SEAM TO GET RIGHTS TO ALTER ANY INFO EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ADMINISTRATOR. WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING I KNOW IE SECIUITY TABS, CLAIMING OWNERSHIP AND ON AND ON. WHAT MUST I DO TO GAIN PERMANENT ABILITY TO EDIT FILES ON MY DESKTOP AS WELL AS ANY OTHER FILES THAT I COME ACROSS

:)

steve 361, Oct 30, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. EDITING EXTERNAL DRIVE INFORMATION - Similar Threads - EDITING EXTERNAL DRIVE

2. Unable to edit DOB and country information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to edit DOB and country information: I have purchased a new windows 11 laptop and while configuring it anyhow it fetched wrong profile information which includes DOB and Country. now I am trying to change it under Microsoft account/your info/profile info but its not editable and disabled. I want to buy office...
  3. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't edit media information: I have tried to edit a music file, but it doesn't allow me to edit or apply them.Below is the capture of the problem.This is the information from that file:Type: MP3Origin: DownloadPlease fix it for me. Thank you....
  4. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't edit media information: I have tried to edit a music file, but it doesn't allow me to edit or apply them.Below is the capture of the problem.This is the information from that file:Type: MP3Origin: DownloadPlease fix it for me. Thank you....
  5. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC Hard-drive Information Transfer to External Hard-drive

PC Hard-drive Information Transfer to External Hard-drive: The drive that is in my PC has filled up, so i ordered a new external hard drive but im unsure of how to get some apps onto this drive and to have my computer start to put information onto this external drive....
  7. Edit contact information in People

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edit contact information in People: I'm having a hard time with the Windows 10 People app. I entered information for a number of friends and relatives, but the app added "other" street addresses and "other" e-mail addresses. Some of them are a mystery and others were changed many years ago. A former address is...
  8. Any way to get to System Information in an external drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to get to System Information in an external drive?: I'd like to be able to get to System Information on an externally attached Windows Vista to Windows 10 drive, such as if the disk isn't booting or is corrupted or has bad sectors. Just to be able to know all that info from a damaged drive. 140871
  9. Move folder from external drive "System Volume Information"

Move folder from external drive "System Volume Information": I ACCIDENTALLY (I own my mistake) moved a large folder (My Data) from "E:\" into the "E:\ System Volume Information\." where "E:\" is my local external hard drive. To try to undo this, I simple try (Logged in as Administrator) >move "E:\System Volume Information\My...
  10. Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information!: Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information! How do I get it to show how much disc space is left? Below the drive just like Windows c:drive showing the information below it? [img] 121881