Windows 10: Editing favorites in Edge

Discus and support Editing favorites in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So, one of the annoying things about Edge is that the Favorites are all stored in a database, and there is no UI feature to edit them (such as changing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mystere, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Mystere Win User

Editing favorites in Edge

So, one of the annoying things about Edge is that the Favorites are all stored in a database, and there is no UI feature to edit them (such as changing the url after the Favorite has been created).

This can be a little annoying when the link you want to save as a favorite gets redirected right away, so you don't have a chance to store the root favorite.

The easiest way to work around this is to create the favorite in IE, then import favorites into Edge. Yes, it's an extra step, but it works for me. Technically, this is not Editing the favorite, it's recreating it... but it gives you more control.

:)

Mystere, Jul 19, 2016
  2. e.gray Win User

Exporting Bookmarks from Edge to Chrome

I've been working on a new utility to help manage edge favorites. It's still in "beta", but it suitable for brave souls to try it out.

EdgeManage v0.9.2 (beta) v1.20 [Edit, it's no longer a beta]

The new Edge browser in Windows 10 is not really "feature complete". It lacks an easy way to manage favorites (aka Bookmarks).

The first version of Edge stored the favorites in the file system. So, you could use the File Explorer to add, delete, rename files to manage your favorites. Although Edge could import favorites from other browsers, it could not export them.

After the "November Update", the Edge browser no longer uses the file system, and instead uses an internal "ESE" database to store favorites. So, this means that you can no longer use the File Explorer to manage your favorites.

The current version of the Edge browser does not allow you to edit URLs, sort, import or export to a bookmarks.html file.

That's where this application steps in... it will allow you to:

• View favorites and folders in a graphical tree
    • Use "drag and drop" to move favorites and folders around
    • Sort all or portions of your favorites
    • Rename folders/favorites
    • Manually add/delete folders/favorites
    • Edit the URLs inside favorites
    • Import favorites from an HTML-based bookmarks.html file
    • Export favorites to an HTML-based bookmarks.html file
    • Backup and Restore the Edge database (can be used to copy to another PC)

Try the beta version at http://www.emmet-gray.com/Temp/SetupEdgeManage.exe

Manage Edge Favorites

e.gray, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    How to edit links in Favorites Bar?

Hi Jacob,

Follow the steps below to edit Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge.

• Hoover your mouse point and click on Hub.
    • Click on Favorites bar and Right click on the link and select
      Rename.
    • You can rename the favorites as per your requirements.

Hope this information will help you in editing Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 19, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Just wondering but can't you do that also with Chrome??

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    No, there is no import from Chrome in Edge, only IE and Firefox. So you could do it in Firefox as well.

Mystere, Jul 20, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jul 20, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    That's the thing about Apps; it's like borrowing someone else's car, can't do anything with them!

Edwin, Jul 20, 2016
  8. Peggsie Win User

I imported mine from Chrome in 1511 10586.494.. The option in 14393 is not present??

Peggsie, Jul 20, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    It's there.

Editing favorites in Edge [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 20, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    Strange, it's not there on my version... oh well.

Mystere, Jul 20, 2016
  11. Mystere Win User
    That's a very nice little tool. Only problem is you can't edit them when Edge is open *Sad

Mystere, Jul 20, 2016
  12. Peggsie Win User
    You're right it's there. I had downloaded Chrome after a clean install but forgot to login so import chrome favorites didn't show up in
    Edge because there was nothing to import. Thanks

Peggsie, Jul 21, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

It seems to be picking up the browsers you have installed. In my case I just have FireFox.

BunnyJ, Jul 22, 2016
  14. Mystere Win User
    Except that I have chrome installed, and it still doesn't show.

Mystere, Jul 22, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    It only allows us to rename them.
    Have you given any feedback?
    If or when you do post a link to it, so we can upvote it.

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Editing favorites in Edge - Similar Threads - Editing favorites Edge

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  7. Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites: The "anniversary edition" failed to import the Edge favorites from the previous edition. I have full backups, so restoring files/folders is an option. However, simply putting back the old Edge app storage location...
  8. favorites edge

in Browsers and Email
    favorites edge: Hi Normaly when i do a reinstall of windows i've got my favorits of edage automaticly back But nu not why ? 97290
  9. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  10. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963