Windows 10: Editing File Properties

Discus and support Editing File Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dalicialafleur, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Editing File Properties

I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field and hit apply it doesn't save the new changes, and also deletes everything that was already there. This is really frustrating!! I only want to add to whats already there but it doesn't seem to let me. I don't remember this ever happening before. What is up here??

:)

dalicialafleur, Nov 9, 2018

2. COM Surrogate; Cannot Edit Files Properties

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with editing properties on File Explorer. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check in safe mode

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to
    identify which Windows mode you're using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.
    • Click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
    • Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
    • If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click advanced options.
    • Tap or click Startup Settings.
    • Tap or click Restart.
    • On the Startup Settings screen, choose the Safe Mode.
    • Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
    If the issue doesn’t occur in safe mode, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions
    in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

*Steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Win 10 batch edit mp3 properties erases data

Hi,

Windows 10 supports changing MP3 information. This issue occurs if the there are settings that need to be configured. To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• First, right-click the MP3 file which you want to edit.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Details tab.
    • Edit the file information of whichever you want.
    • Lastly, click on Apply, then Ok.
    Disclaimer: Try this in a single file first, then, check if it works.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following solutions:

• Temporarily disable the security software and check if this helps.
    Disclaimer: Enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. Your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks specially if you're connected to the Internet

• Boot the computer in safe mode and check if this helps to edit the mp3 details. Refer to this
      link on how to
      Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Editing File Properties

Can No Longer Update File Properties With Creator's Update

If taking ownership of the whole drive didn't help, then we suggest setting full access to the file. Follow these steps:

• Open the location of the files.
    • Right-click on the folder/files which you are trying to edit.
    • Click on the Security tab.
    • Select the user account and click on Edit button.
    • Mark check on Full control check box.
    • Click on Apply and then OK button.

Have you also tried copying the files to your computer/desktop and then editing the files from there? Please do so to isolate the issue further.

Update us how it went.

Ian Ser, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Editing File Properties

1. Editing File Properties - Similar Threads - Editing File Properties

2. Cannot edit file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  3. Cannot edit file properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  4. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  5. Editing file properties

Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  6. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Editing JPG File Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  8. Editing JPG File Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  9. Editing JPG File Properties

10. Editing Properties of a file 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Properties of a file 20H2: I've gone to details in Properties / Remove Properties and personal information...But nothing changes...even in the copy of the file. Right now I am working with audio files. Help! 173460

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edit file properties

2. edit file properties group