Windows 10: Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing

Discus and support Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can't figure out exactly what is happening but if I am editing text, most often in a forum, my cursor suddenly jumps back to the start of a word then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mikecox, Nov 26, 2017.

1. mikecox Win User

Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing

I can't figure out exactly what is happening but if I am editing text, most often in a forum, my cursor suddenly jumps back to the start of a word then behaves in an odd way.

The workaround is to clear the characters to the right and re-write the text I clear. But I can't make it happen, on demand. Like I've tried to make it happen here, but, because I want it to it won't.

I wonder if it is a Forum issue. Maybe that is why it isn't happening here like it does on other forums. I'm quite amazed that hasn't happened here, where I've waded into the middle of this message and edited it. That's usually where it happens when I've tried editing in the middle of a message.

Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

mikecox, Nov 26, 2017

2. Cursor moves to the left while I'm typing

Merged

When I type the curser moves backwards so that my typing appears in the middle of work already typed. I am NOT good with computers so if anyone can help please make it easy to understand. Thanks

shorty5376, Nov 26, 2017
  3. Cursor jumps while Typing

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

1. From when are you facing this issue?

2. In which application are you facing this issue?

3. did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2017
  4. torre Win User

May want to check your driver (regedit) and cursor setting.

Cursor (Settings/Personalization/Themes/Cursor)

torre, Nov 27, 2017
  5. mikecox Win User
    Hmmm, sounds like this is not a common problem, although a friend of mine complained about this weird behavior after the upgraded to Win10.

But it happens on both my computers and seems to be worse on some forums than others.

It doesn't seem to happen much on this forum, it hasn't happened once since I started the note, which I have jumped in the middle of and edited several times. But I just came from another forum where it drove me nuts!

While editing a word the cursor jumps, unexpectedly, back to the beginning of the word and I have to relocate it, back to the end of the word.

mikecox, Nov 27, 2017
  6. youradds Win User
    I get this quite a bit in GMail *Sad

youradds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing - Similar Threads - Editing forums cursor

2. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen: I've been worried about this for a while since when I use the browser the cursor teleports to the top left and starts clicking whatever is in there. Additionally, I usually get a Windows notification from Opera when this happens which is the browser I use asking me for...
  3. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen: I've been worried about this for a while since when I use the browser the cursor teleports to the top left and starts clicking whatever is in there. Additionally, I usually get a Windows notification from Opera when this happens which is the browser I use asking me for...
  4. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  5. Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app

Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app: First, thanks in advance for your consideration, and I also want to point out that the issue I'm about to describe has been raised before, though having thoroughly reviewed the forum posts about it, and taken all recommended steps to address it without avail, I'm hoping...
  6. While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left: Hello This problem is driving me nuts. I use ASUS Zen book win 10 home. I also use blue tooth Logitech mouse and keyboard. While typing a word in firefox address bar or in viber, after two or three letters, the cursor shifts automatically to the left sometimes. This problem...
  7. Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.

Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.: How do I find "Disable internal pointing devices when external USB" on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cursor-jumping-to-upper-left-corner/e064beb1-0ede-4e45-b512-6e381060b1d6
  8. when typing cursor jumps back

in Windows 10 Customization
    when typing cursor jumps back: when I am ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-typing-cursor-jumps-back/9231d879-dc7b-499e-9de2-10b7d5c46767
  9. Cursor jumping to top left corner.

Cursor jumping to top left corner.: I have an HP laptop model 16-ay191ms with Windows 10 build 17134.345 which I cannot use while unplugged. The PC has always had a problem with the cursor jumping to the top right of the screen at random times, but I thought I cured it. Today, while it was unplugged, the...
  10. Moving cursor while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving cursor while typing: When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing. 44976