Windows 10: Editing Microsoft Username

Discus and support Editing Microsoft Username in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to add my name on my Microsoft profile but it keeps showing me "Sorry, that name includes a word or phrase we don’t allow" and there's no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ExcelAbioye, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Editing Microsoft Username

I'm trying to add my name on my Microsoft profile but it keeps showing me "Sorry, that name includes a word or phrase we don’t allow" and there's no other name I can use, my name "Excel" is being rejected, my surname "Abioye" is also being rejected. its really tiring and vexing. please I need help fixing it.

:)

ExcelAbioye, Jul 30, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Editing Microsoft Username

How to Edit/Modify Username in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

When you create a user account, a folder also gets created and associated with the user account. You can change/edit the user account name, however the folder name will not change. The user folder name can be changed manually, however
    it could result in loss of data associated with the corresponding account. I would suggest to create a new user account and remove the existing one. To change the username, you must be logged into another administrator account. Given below are the steps to
    enable the built in administrator account.

• Click on Start button (Windows logo) and type
      Cmd.
    • Right click on Cmd and select Run as administrator.
    • On command prompt, type Net User Administrator /Active:yes and hit the
      Enter key which will enable the built in administrator account.
    • Sign out of your account after the above command is executed successfully.

Sign into the built in administrator account and follow the steps below to rename the account.

Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the
    R key together.

Type NETPLWIZ and hit the Enter key which will list all the user accounts active on the computer.

Select your user account name and click on Properties.

Change the User name in its corresponding text box.

Click Apply and Ok.

Sign out of your account and see if the username has changed on the sign in screen.

Once the user account name is changed, you can login to your original account and disable the built in admin account by running the following command in command prompt.

Net User Administrator /Active:No

As mentioned earlier, it is recommended to create a new user account instead of renaming the user account. Please refer to the article below, if you would like to create a new user account.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

Hope it helps.

Feel free to contact back in case you have any questions or need any further assistance with this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Editing Microsoft Username

1. Editing Microsoft Username - Similar Threads - Editing Microsoft Username

2. Minecraft Java Edition Username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Edition Username: I want to apologize if I'm posting this in an incorrect place. I don't know how to get help with my issue and Bing AI led me here.I can't play Java Edition of Minecraft because they want me to create a new username. I already created one before and played the game for a...
  3. Minecraft Java Edition Username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition Username: I want to apologize if I'm posting this in an incorrect place. I don't know how to get help with my issue and Bing AI led me here.I can't play Java Edition of Minecraft because they want me to create a new username. I already created one before and played the game for a...
  4. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  5. Change username for microsoft account

Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  6. Microsoft account windows username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account windows username: I changed my windows User name a few months ago, everything worked fine since then,This week out of nowhere my apps one by one stopped working due to them trying to find a path that lead to my old username and I had no way of changing that path for the apps, even if I...
  7. Microsoft account windows username

Microsoft account windows username: I changed my windows User name a few months ago, everything worked fine since then,This week out of nowhere my apps one by one stopped working due to them trying to find a path that lead to my old username and I had no way of changing that path for the apps, even if I...
  8. Microsoft Username Typo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Username Typo: I have 2 accounts, one generated due to a typo in my username .om. They keep telling me there is a problem and keep sending my verification email to the address with the typo in it. They are both the same address but one is .com; .om. You would think Microsoft would...
  9. "Locked for editing..." by a generic username, not the named user

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Locked for editing..." by a generic username, not the named user: Hi, Recently we've upgraded a number of devices from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 / Office 365 Click to Run. Prior to this the users in question had a number of shared files that are located/stored on a network share. Whenever a file was locked, the person to...
  10. How to Edit/Modify Username in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Edit/Modify Username in Windows 10: Hi! I had to do a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro and whilst doing so I misspelt my User Name. I would like to correct this error but have to date - not found a way to do this. I would be most grateful for a solution to my problem. *** Original title: Changing a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sorry that name contains a word or phrase that we dont allow microsoft account