Windows 10: Editing MP3 Properties

Discus and support Editing MP3 Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When editing a File Name in an MP3 file, the system deletes the Title property. When editing any property in a group of files, the system deletes all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xampohsib, Jul 12, 2020.

1. xampohsib Win User

Editing MP3 Properties

When editing a File Name in an MP3 file, the system deletes the Title property. When editing any property in a group of files, the system deletes all Title values. This is a new problem since the last update. I have over nearly 200,000 MP3 files and have been editing Properties for years. How can this be fixed?

:)

xampohsib, Jul 12, 2020

2. Win 10 batch edit mp3 properties erases data

Hi,

Windows 10 supports changing MP3 information. This issue occurs if the there are settings that need to be configured. To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• First, right-click the MP3 file which you want to edit.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Details tab.
    • Edit the file information of whichever you want.
    • Lastly, click on Apply, then Ok.
    Disclaimer: Try this in a single file first, then, check if it works.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following solutions:

• Temporarily disable the security software and check if this helps.
    Disclaimer: Enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. Your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks specially if you're connected to the Internet

• Boot the computer in safe mode and check if this helps to edit the mp3 details. Refer to this
      link on how to
      Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Jul 12, 2020
  3. MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Editing MP3 Properties

Editing Properties MP3's in Folders

The screenshot that you sent us shows that your Windows 10 has its latest version which is the Creators Update. To isolate the issue, provide us with the following information:

• Were MP3 files that you're trying to edit downloaded from the Internet or purchased online?
    • Are you using a third-party audio software to edit your MP3 files?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Lizette Ags, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Editing MP3 Properties

1. Editing MP3 Properties - Similar Threads - Editing MP3 Properties

2. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  3. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  4. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  5. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  6. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MP3 file property details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  8. Can't edit mp3 details

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 details: So recently I decided to build up my music library on my phone, so I also wanted to update some of my music with details (album, artist, etc) but for some reason it won't let me do it even as an admin So here's what I've done so far: 1. Went to properties 2. Went to...
  9. Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file: Hi All, I've downloaded an album, and I'm trying to edit the title tag of each file, however as soon as I edit it and click apply, the file is losing all of its metadata (title, artist, album etc.) To edit the title, I'm just right clicking on the file > Properties >...
  10. Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files: I run windows 10 and use Windows Media Player to listen to my music. Recently I noticed that i was getting a lot of "unknown (artist, genre, album, ect.)". Usually kept the song names as the file name. In Media Player I can edit the info so that it shows properly in the...