Windows 10: Editing MS Outlook Recurrance

Discus and support Editing MS Outlook Recurrance in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am attempting to edit a Recurrence that I have in my 2013 Outlook Calendar on my Surface Pro 3. I Double click on the event in the Calendar, choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jjmwjr366, Oct 31, 2018.

1. jjmwjr366 Win User

Editing MS Outlook Recurrance

I am attempting to edit a Recurrence that I have in my 2013 Outlook Calendar on my Surface Pro 3. I Double click on the event in the Calendar, choose The Entire Series and OK in the resulting window. Click on the Appointment Series and then Recurrence in the Ribbon, then change Range Of Recurrence from No End Date to End By, choosing a date in the future for the End By Date (eg. Sat 11/3/18) for this weekly Saturday appointment. Click OK and I get an error message "If you change specific appointments in the series, your changes will be cancelled and those appointments will match the series again". At the bottom of that window, there are OK and Cancel Buttons. I click Cancel because each individual event is valuable.

These appointments are unique from week to week and include those who attended this event and the location in which it was held. They also contain meeting notes from previous gatherings in the body of the Recurrence and that portion stays in the Recurrence. I wish to keep all of these appointments but wish to end the appointments.

What may or may not affect the fix on this is that about 5 years ago, I transferred my Outlook folders from a Dell desktop XP Pro to a new Surface Pro 3 computer and when the reminder for this recurrence comes up, it states that the event is 256 weeks ago. Apparently, it is pointing to the date of the first Saturday after the Outlook files were installed on this computer. I have other Recurrences in Outlook from the old computer that all show that the reminder is for an event # days in the future on my Surface Pro 3.

Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone offer a fix that would end this Recurring event but save each of the notes of each week?

Thank you very much for your time!

:)

jjmwjr366, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Mike N. Win User

Microsoft To-Do Mishandling Recurrence

Let's say you have a recurrence task in both Outlook 2016 and on My Day in To-Do. If today's instance of the task status is changed to complete in Outlook 2016, on My Day in To-Do instead of the task being marked complete the next instance of the recurrence
    shows up. This is not desired behavior. At a glance it looks like in To-Do My Day the task is not yet completed. It should display the original recurrence marked as complete, just like it does in the To-Do list. Right now the only option is to delete next
    recurrence from the My Day list.

Mike N., Oct 31, 2018
  3. theonedub Win User
    Outlook 2010 Assistance

Tried using recurrence but ot still only shows the task on the due date's task list. Any other ideas?

theonedub, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Editing MS Outlook Recurrance

delete recurrence outlook 2003 6.5 wm

We need to delete recurrence from 6.5wm to pc outlook 2003. We have a Xp sp3, activesyn 4.5 and HTC t-mobile Touch Pro 6.5wm upgrade(device). When we syn from the 2003 outlook to 6.5wm devise, we get an recurrance for an appointment on our calender. We
    clean off the recurrance from pc xp sp3 outlook 2003. When we syn the devise no matter what we select when we are asked to update frm pc or device, the syn always comes from the device. A head scratcher? please advise

cuetecpool, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Editing MS Outlook Recurrance

1. Editing MS Outlook Recurrance - Similar Threads - Editing Outlook Recurrance

2. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent BSOD: I am continuing to get intermittent BSOD whether I'm gaming or watching anything on my PC. Here are the minidumps.https://1drv.ms/u/s!At85Y_-dXfENk0QAQadvFCm0lyhg?e=6pacgm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recurrent-bsod/423de273-603f-4bb1-b829-bce6298f231d
  3. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurrent BSOD: I am continuing to get intermittent BSOD whether I'm gaming or watching anything on my PC. Here are the minidumps.https://1drv.ms/u/s!At85Y_-dXfENk0QAQadvFCm0lyhg?e=6pacgm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recurrent-bsod/423de273-603f-4bb1-b829-bce6298f231d
  4. Recurrent crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurrent crashes: I have noticed that my PC crashes every now and then. This is the latest .dmp from last night's crash: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  5. MS Outlook password

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Outlook password: Need to know where I can find my MS outlook password. My iPhone keeps asking for it. Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-outlook-password/d275c0f1-f55f-4e89-9cce-7634936a8804
  6. MS Outlook - Synchronising

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook - Synchronising: Have problem in finding out how to access toolbar to synch. Each time I open Outlook am asked to synch with my gmail a/c with instructions. Appreciate assistance as just keep on being required to do so. regards 143227
  7. Recurrent BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recurrent BSODs: Hello, I've been having seemingly random BSOD's, with different indicated causes, for two weeks now. They happen during games, or when browsing on google chrome. The dmp files seem to indicate either RAM or a driver, however the chkdisk doesn;t indicate a RAM problem,...
  8. MS Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook: Hi All, After the e-mail from MS telling me to apply the patch to WLM that broke it, I decided to try out MS Outlook. It came with MS office 2013. I have 2 E-mail accounts, 1 is with Hotmail.com, and the other is with Gmail.com Both are working just fine, with 1...
  9. Recurrent BSOD

Recurrent BSOD: Hi everyone, I have been having BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE many times when using my laptop, when i updated it to the latest windows version and when using the driver troubleshooting, and i dont know which driver is causing it. I hope someone can help me please. 82709
  10. Recurrent BSOD

Recurrent BSOD: Hi, I had recurrent BSOD after installing the new Office Update a week ago, which resulted in my resetting my laptop and reinstalling windows 10. This worked for a bit I have now started experiencing BSOD less frequently than before on startup up from sleep and once when...