Windows 10: Editing registry data value with CMD

Discus and support Editing registry data value with CMD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey all , i need to edit a registry value data without overwriting the previous one , i just want to add a string for example and not to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by confo, Feb 8, 2021.

1. confo Win User

Editing registry data value with CMD

hey all ,
    i need to edit a registry value data without overwriting the previous one , i just want to add a string for example and not to change the entire value , and it needs to be we the command prompt , i hope i was clear with my question
    ill appreciate any help

:)

confo, Feb 8, 2021

2. ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 8, 2021
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Geosammy Win User

Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

Hi there,

I wanted to customize my text file icon,
    by replacing it with an icon I created.
    The registry change was successful.
    My custom made icon has now replaced the default icon.

However,
    I mistakenly forgot to make note of,
    or export the registry file default value.
    So that I could change it back to it's default value/icon in the future.

Would anyone know what value this registry entry needs to be,
    in order to restore it back to the default text icon?

Below is a screen shot of the registry entry in question,
    with the edited value.

Editing registry data value with CMD [​IMG]

Any help with restoring the default value of this registry entry,
    will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Geosammy, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Editing registry data value with CMD - Similar Threads - Editing registry data

2. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".: Hi,I would like a technician to help/guide me through the process of editing the "TDR values" of the GPU.I would really appreciate if remote assistance is available Thanks!...
  3. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".: Hi,I would like a technician to help/guide me through the process of editing the "TDR values" of the GPU.I would really appreciate if remote assistance is available Thanks!...
  4. How to change TDR values and edit "Registry keys".

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. RegSetValueExW failed to write value name and value data to registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    RegSetValueExW failed to write value name and value data to registry: RegSetValueExW Unicode version of function failed to write the value name and value data to registry in windows 10. The value name contains more than 1000 characters,value data contains 16,000 characters. RegSetValueExW function return returns ERROR_SUCCESS but the value...
  6. Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor: So, I bought my pc a few weeks ago and I recently realized windows isn't updating itself. I looked up in services and found "wuauserv" to disabled. I tried to start the Windows Update Service from there but it stops itself after starting. Then, I ran Registry Editor as...
  7. Search for a registry data value by command line

Search for a registry data value by command line: I see some MVPs and experts helping on this forum, if you can help me or give me guidance I would appreciate it! I'd like to search for the value 2004 in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion [ATTACH] not in the subkeys, as...
  8. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...: Good day, What does this mean? In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders. It is a key that is called !Do not use this registry key. Entered value: Use the...
  9. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...
  10. Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon

Need Registry Value Data For Default Text Icon: Hi there, I wanted to customize my text file icon, by replacing it with an icon I created. The registry change was successful. My custom made icon has now replaced the default icon. However, I mistakenly forgot to make note of, or export the registry file default value....