Windows 10: Editing Start menu tile sizes

Discus and support Editing Start menu tile sizes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jun 29, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Editing Start menu tile sizes

Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays.

:)

ineuw, Jun 29, 2020

2. I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Jun 29, 2020
  3. GIL
    gil Win User
    cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

Hi all,

Wired issues popping up now... Editing Start menu tile sizes :)

I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu.
    I cannot move, resize and add tiles.

I've checked the register for a value that disables edit in Policies Explorer under HKLM and HKCU and I have nothing there that suggest about disable edit.

Any idea?

4. Hellopaul Win User

Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

Hello,

Here is my start menu:

Editing Start menu tile sizes [​IMG]

I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile.

Is there any way to control the size of the icon within the tile? It seems silly to have great big blue tiles, with a tiny little icon sitting in the middle of each one. I've searched around, but can only find information on how to alter the size of the whole tile, not the icon within it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~ Paul

Hellopaul, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Editing Start menu tile sizes - Similar Threads - Editing Start menu

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.: I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned.... Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a default tile size (I prefer small) for start menu tiles. Or the ability to mass-resize (shift-click - something) so that the start...
  4. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  5. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  6. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10: Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'. Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all? 62749
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?: I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which...
  9. cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu: Hi all, Wired issues popping up now... *Smile I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu. I cannot move, resize and add tiles. I've checked the register for a value that disables edit in Policies Explorer under HKLM and HKCU and I have nothing...
  10. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379