Windows 10: Editing system files with custom editor

Discus and support Editing system files with custom editor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Some files like .bat, .ps1, .reg have edit action in file context menu. When I click on it I can edit the file in notepad. Can I make any change in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/soumyaranjanmahunt, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Editing system files with custom editor

Some files like .bat, .ps1, .reg have edit action in file context menu. When I click on it I can edit the file in notepad. Can I make any change in registry so that I can make the file open in my custom editor(i.e notepad++) when I click on edit button??

submitted by /u/soumyaranjanmahunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/soumyaranjanmahunt, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Dinasis Win User

How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    MP3 Files Not Recognized By Windows 10 When Adding To A Video Editor

Hello,

There are a lot of possible reasons why the MP3 files unrecognizable when adding to a video editor. This may be due to limitations of supported file formats or the video editor that you are using needs to be updated. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask
    a few questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you successfully add a MP3 file to your video editor before?
    • What's the application that you are using when editing a video?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Mar 3, 2020
  4. tehfusion Win User

Editing system files with custom editor

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor.

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor 0.91

We have just released a hotfix for the preview version of our BF4 Settings Editor. As said in the posts above, DICE silently released a patch for the Battlefield 4 Beta, which changed the location of the settings files, breaking BF4 Settings Editor in the process. This hotfix resolves the issue, while also including a few other fixes and improvements. Be sure to update to the latest version!

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Fixes:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Improvements:

• Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
    • Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
    • Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.

tehfusion, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Editing system files with custom editor

1. Editing system files with custom editor - Similar Threads - Editing system files

2. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  3. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  4. MP4 Editing with Video Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 Editing with Video Editor: I am trimming a lot of videos as an instructor. I want to reset the app that "plays/opens" mp4 files to the video editor that comes with Windows 10. I cannot find any way to do this. There is no "open with" option on the menu below. The default apps under Settings will not...
  5. Adding Custom system files to the install.wim file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Custom system files to the install.wim file.: Is there a way using DISM to add/overwrite system files in the system resource folder in the install.wim file in the iso. So that when i install windows my custom icons for folders and drives are already installed along with the .reg files to show the drive icons. [img] 167810
  6. Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to trim/expand custom audio file in video editor: Hi - I have added custom audio created by the voice recorder to my project in Windows Video Editor. It appears and plays just fine; however, I am unable to expand or trim it. Instead of seeing a "bar" that I can move or expand, it appears as a tiny line that won't stretch. I...
  7. Edit or an editor for the context menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit or an editor for the context menus: My context menu is a mess. Items that I never use, or apps added themselves but not wanted, and vice versa. Older apps that offer setting to be listed, no longer work function in W10 1909. I am trying to add them manually and remove those which I don't want. e.g: I have...
  8. Win10 Photo Editor can't edit large RAW files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Photo Editor can't edit large RAW files: Photo editor closes every time I try to edit large RAW-file pics 70Mb+/-. Laptop has 16Gb RAM with I-7 processor. Is there an adjustment I can make to eliminate this problem?...
  9. Custom system file copying

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom system file copying: I have a customized imagers.dll, shell32.dll and sndvol.dll files . During installation I would like to copy them into system32. If I do this during setup, oobe section would this crash windows 10? John 137107
  10. How can I "Un-Edit" default view in Custom Views of the Event Editor

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "Un-Edit" default view in Custom Views of the Event Editor: Hello all. Seems like I have managed to screw up the default "Administrative Events" in the Custom Views section of the Event Viewer. I filtered it for warnings, etc., intending to save as a new definition, but in fact managed to apply the filter to the default definition...