Windows 10: Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

Discus and support Editing the File Explorer right-click menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Terrypin Win User

Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for this please?

Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016)

:)

Terrypin, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Aug 27, 2020
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

Thema:

1. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu? - Similar Threads - Editing File Explorer

2. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  3. Edit filetypes in File Explorer Context Menu right-click > New > Filetypes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit filetypes in File Explorer Context Menu right-click > New > Filetypes: Hi,right-click on empty space in File Explorer brings up the Context Menu. A New file can be created from a fixed list of options. How can I manage this list of options, so I can remove or add other filetypes?Thanks...
  4. Edit filetypes in File Explorer Context Menu right-click > New > Filetypes

Edit filetypes in File Explorer Context Menu right-click > New > Filetypes: Hi,right-click on empty space in File Explorer brings up the Context Menu. A New file can be created from a fixed list of options. How can I manage this list of options, so I can remove or add other filetypes?Thanks...
  5. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  6. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  7. File Explorer And right click menu

8. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  9. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...
  10. edit the right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    edit the right click menu: How do you change the context menu for web pages (.HTML, .HTM files) so when you right-click and select "Edit" the file is opened in another HTML editor (Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, etc....) rather then Microsoft Word? Thanks 64829