Windows 10: Editing the properties of tiles

Discus and support Editing the properties of tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In this case I need to add the working folder. I know how this can be done with pinned shortcuts, but is there another way? 152575 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Mar 20, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Editing the properties of tiles

In this case I need to add the working folder. I know how this can be done with pinned shortcuts, but is there another way?

:)

ineuw, Mar 20, 2020

2. I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Mar 20, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Edit App Tile Targets in Windows 8.1?

I have a client that caught a nasty piece of malware. It changed the targets on all the IE shortcuts so whenever you run IE it takes you to their website instead of the homepage set in IE's options(it did the same thing to chrome and firefox).

Fixing it on most of the shortcuts was easy. I just edited the target path by right clicking on the shortcut and going to properties and resetting it to the right path.

However, the shortcut/tile on the start screen for IE can't be edited in this way. When I right click on it there is no option to change the properties of the shortcut. I've search for a good hour trying to figure out how to edit the properties of these shortcuts/tiles but I can't find it anywhere. I even went as far as uninstalling IE and re-installing it, and the icons it put back are still pointing to the wrong path.

Anyone have any clue how to change the path for Windows 8.1 app shortcuts on the Start Screen?

newtekie1, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Editing the properties of tiles - Similar Threads - Editing properties tiles

2. Can't edit FLAC details in properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't edit FLAC details in properties: I just downloaded some FLAC files and I need to edit their properties, but each time I fill out the details tab and hit "Apply" or "OK" it doesn't apply changes and wipes the details. I did download them from a .torrent file using qbittorrent, so that might have something to...
  3. Live Tile display properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Tile display properties: I have 2 desktop PC's. The Live tile for News works differently on the 2 machines. PC 1 the tile displays a picture, flash to text, flash back to picture, flash to new picture. PC2 the tile displays a picture, the text slides over the picture, the text slides out of the...
  4. Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it: I tried to edit the properties of my mcafee so I could take ownership and delete it but it froze and I can't edit it now. I've had this problem for a day already. Does anyone know what's happening and how I can fix it?...
  5. Editing File Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing File Properties: I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field and hit apply it doesn't save the new changes, and also deletes everything that was already there. This is really...
  6. Cannot open and edit IPv4 Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot open and edit IPv4 Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 let users change the IP address of PCs network adapter so they can connect to the internet or the network they belong to, in case there is no automatic connection for that PC. Many a time access to [...] This post Cannot open and edit IPv4 Properties in...
  7. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  8. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?: I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which...
  9. cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu: Hi all, Wired issues popping up now... *Smile I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu. I cannot move, resize and add tiles. I've checked the register for a value that disables edit in Policies Explorer under HKLM and HKCU and I have nothing...
  10. Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files: I run windows 10 and use Windows Media Player to listen to my music. Recently I noticed that i was getting a lot of "unknown (artist, genre, album, ect.)". Usually kept the song names as the file name. In Media Player I can edit the info so that it shows properly in the...