Windows 10: Editing the properties of tiles

Discus and support Editing the properties of tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In this case I need to add the working folder. I know how this can be done with pinned shortcuts, but is there another way? 152575 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Mar 20, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Editing the properties of tiles

In this case I need to add the working folder. I know how this can be done with pinned shortcuts, but is there another way?

:)

ineuw, Mar 20, 2020

2. I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Mar 20, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Edit App Tile Targets in Windows 8.1?

I have a client that caught a nasty piece of malware. It changed the targets on all the IE shortcuts so whenever you run IE it takes you to their website instead of the homepage set in IE's options(it did the same thing to chrome and firefox).

Fixing it on most of the shortcuts was easy. I just edited the target path by right clicking on the shortcut and going to properties and resetting it to the right path.

However, the shortcut/tile on the start screen for IE can't be edited in this way. When I right click on it there is no option to change the properties of the shortcut. I've search for a good hour trying to figure out how to edit the properties of these shortcuts/tiles but I can't find it anywhere. I even went as far as uninstalling IE and re-installing it, and the icons it put back are still pointing to the wrong path.

Anyone have any clue how to change the path for Windows 8.1 app shortcuts on the Start Screen?

newtekie1, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Editing the properties of tiles - Similar Threads - Editing properties tiles

2. Cannot edit file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  3. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  4. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  5. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Editing JPG File Properties

Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  7. Editing JPG File Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  8. Editing MP3 Properties

Editing MP3 Properties: When editing a File Name in an MP3 file, the system deletes the Title property. When editing any property in a group of files, the system deletes all Title values. This is a new problem since the last update. I have over nearly 200,000 MP3 files and have been editing...
  9. Live Tile display properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Tile display properties: I have 2 desktop PC's. The Live tile for News works differently on the 2 machines. PC 1 the tile displays a picture, flash to text, flash back to picture, flash to new picture. PC2 the tile displays a picture, the text slides over the picture, the text slides out of the...
  10. Editing File Properties

Editing File Properties: I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field and hit apply it doesn't save the new changes, and also deletes everything that was already there. This is really...