Windows 10: EDK II Untested memory not covered by SMM page protection

Discus and support EDK II Untested memory not covered by SMM page protection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00159 Product family: Firmware Based on Tianocore Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Information Disclosure Severity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

EDK II Untested memory not covered by SMM page protection

Source: INTEL-SA-00159

:)

Brink, Jul 11, 2018

2. untested - full access: full access to your computer

Untested by who, you, for off purpose usage? (The procedure shown
    HERE
    is for a secondary storage drive, not for the Windows operating system on the main drive. In fact, this was covered in that thread).

RichardEiler, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 11, 2018
  4. mccbleue Win User

C3 Password Protected Memory Card

The protection of the memory card password does not cover all access of the memory card, it locks the card with the password if it is put into another phone, in order to prevent your content being stolen.

mccbleue, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. EDK II Untested memory not covered by SMM page protection - Similar Threads - EDK Untested memory

2. How to Redirect Server 2019 IIS alias name to specific page in IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Redirect Server 2019 IIS alias name to specific page in IIS: Hi All,am looking for assistance to redirect whoever typing alias name that need to go to specific page in IIS, \for example.we are having abc.abc.com application, we configured default page also. but if anybody typed qwe.abc.com it also open the default page, that we don't...
  3. How to Redirect Server 2019 IIS alias name to specific page in IIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Redirect Server 2019 IIS alias name to specific page in IIS: Hi All,am looking for assistance to redirect whoever typing alias name that need to go to specific page in IIS, \for example.we are having abc.abc.com application, we configured default page also. but if anybody typed qwe.abc.com it also open the default page, that we don't...
  4. What is System Management Mode SMM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is System Management Mode SMM?: Hi, I was wondering what SMM was. It's listed in Device Security and I was wondering to activate it as well. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-system-management-mode-smm/0b7d6341-9fe1-419c-986f-fee127d6cef9
  5. Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1909 from v1809 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for...
  6. Virus and Protection: Page not available

Virus and Protection: Page not available: I keep on getting this kind of error message. I tried removing all remnants of my previous anti-virus using removal tool. I tried to fix it using gpedit. I tried cmd when removing antispyware, still not working. What other options you, guys, can recommend? [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows fax cover page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fax cover page: Something keeps calling the fax cover page editor and I get a fax cover page appear on the screen. This has only started since I put windows 10 on this PC and it only occurs on this machine. Can anyone tell me what might be calling the fax app we don't use faxes? and how...
  8. Protected memory access

Protected memory access: I have been getting alerts that say Protected folder and protected memory access has been blocked. The setting is on low, whatever that means. Anyway, does anyone know what is gong on here? The alerts are something new and have been going on since March 1st. I have gotten...
  9. Taskbar covers part of my page window...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar covers part of my page window...: I'm unable to scroll down to see the bottom of my windows page. For example... in Facebook messenger my reply box is under my taskbar even after scrolling to the bottom of the page. When watching videos... the timeline with the pause/play button is under my taskbar. How do...
  10. Windows Icons Covered with a White Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Icons Covered with a White Page: [ATTACH] Some of the icons in my file explorer are covered by a blank white page and I can't figure out why. I have all of the latest updates as of 12-16-18. I have ran troubleshooter and it couldn't identify any problems with my machine. Does anyone have a suggestion on...