Windows 10: Education edition of office 365 put a organization onto my laptop

Discus and support Education edition of office 365 put a organization onto my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The college I attend gave me a student version of office 365. I have been using It for months until it asked me to log into my school account while I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ImHereForTheInfo, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Education edition of office 365 put a organization onto my laptop

The college I attend gave me a student version of office 365. I have been using It for months until it asked me to log into my school account while I was using Word on my personal laptop. I logged in and afterward' I believe it asked me if my organization could make changes to my computer and I accepted thinking that it was only going to change things in Office 365. When I logged on the next day my lock screen told me I needed to change my password because my organization required it to be 6 digits long. Now I'm not entirely sure if its office 365 that is doing this but this is the first time it ever happened and it happened right after I logged into word. If there's any way to change this, I would greatly appreciate the info. I'm not sure what the "organization" does to my laptop but I would prefer not to have it on my laptop.

Thank you for your help.

:)

ImHereForTheInfo, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

The Office 365 Education Roadmap is now available

Source: The Office 365 Education Roadmap is now available - Office Blogs

Brink, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Office 365 for students

Its possible you need to download the software install files from the schools website if you purchased it through the school.

• Please uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office 365 Education.
    • Open the Microsoft Office 365 Web site.
    • On the Office in education screen, enter your IT Account NetID, followed by <university email
      address>
      and click Get Started.
    • Select I'm a student on the next page. You will be sent an email with instructions.
    • Follow the steps in the email. It is recommended that you use the same password as you use for other
      University services.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Education edition of office 365 put a organization onto my laptop

Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

Thank you Andre. FYI: we are a non profit in Brooklyn and we are a part of the MS Office 365 Education edition. We recently shipped in new computers and are using 365 organization accounts to sign into all of the windows 10 machines. The problem is when
    we have alumni students coming into the office to assist for a day or two someone in the office has to sign them in. What I want is to create some kind guest account through the admin portal so I have control over even the loose laptops laying around. I will
    check out your suggestion and see if this works.

KevinAJoseph, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Education edition of office 365 put a organization onto my laptop

1. Education edition of office 365 put a organization onto my laptop - Similar Threads - Education edition office

2. Downloading Office onto my work laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Office onto my work laptop: Downloading Office onto my work laptop - this is a laptop that belonged to another member of staff, we set up another profile for myself but it is asking me for the pin for that account, when entering the pin it doesn't like it - how can i start the download without entering...
  3. Downloading Office onto my work laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Office onto my work laptop: Downloading Office onto my work laptop - this is a laptop that belonged to another member of staff, we set up another profile for myself but it is asking me for the pin for that account, when entering the pin it doesn't like it - how can i start the download without entering...
  4. Downloading Office onto my work laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Office 365 Education Not Accepting Phone Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 Education Not Accepting Phone Number: Hello, I'm trying to make an Office 365 Education account so I can play around with Minecraft Education Edition. For whatever reason, it won't accept my phone number. I'm using textfree, as I do not currently own a phone. Is it not accepting VoIP numbers or what?...
  6. Education version of Office 365 concern

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Education version of Office 365 concern: I just start to realize that I can get the Office 365 Education version with my alumni email, I've missed this great free offer for years! However, I have a concern, that is, will the document I create with Office 365 Education contain any of the personal information like...
  7. Office 365 Education innovation for inclusive & collaborative learning

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Education innovation for inclusive & collaborative learning: Our ongoing commitment to create more inclusive and collaborative learning environments continues today with the arrival of a number of powerful updates to Office 365 Education. Building on the momentum of OneNote Class Notebook, which has surpassed more than 15 million...
  8. Modern classroom collaboration with Office 365 for Education

in Windows 10 News
    Modern classroom collaboration with Office 365 for Education: At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We believe that education unlocks potential and that technology can play a decisive role in helping the students of today create the world of tomorrow. At our event in...
  9. Office 365 Education free to students and teachers in US

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Education free to students and teachers in US: Making it easier for teachers and students to work together Microsoft Office has long been a staple in the teacher toolkit for communicating and collaborating with their classes. Today we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve made it easier for teachers to get Office on all...
  10. The Office 365 Education Roadmap is now available

in Windows 10 News
    The Office 365 Education Roadmap is now available: Office 365 is available to students and teachers at no cost through their academic institution. Visit Office in education to check eligibility and to download onto multiple devices. [img] When you make any investment in technology you are investing in a living thing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we have office 365 for the house now the school has given my kids an office 365 account how to handle