Windows 10: Education licence

Discus and support Education licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm a high school student and I'm trying to get my hands on a windows 10 education licence how would I go about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndrewMiddendorff, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Education licence

I'm a high school student and I'm trying to get my hands on a windows 10 education licence how would I go about this

:)

AndrewMiddendorff, Dec 23, 2018

2. Licence issues (Home / Pro Education)

I bought a copy of Windows 10 Home from Amazon
    LINK
    last year but I have only just used it.

When I installed Windows from the USB stick during the install I was asked for the key. I used the one from the licence and it was refused. I continued with the install and once done I entered the key "activation" section of Settings.

The key was accepted but instead of it being for Home it is for Pro Education. Windows upgraded it's self to Pro Education.

The packaging and licence along with the USB key looks legit, have I been sold a duff copy of Windows?

PendragonUK, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Education Watermark

I suspect not if you are on an Education volume licence.

It's probably been put there to stop abuse of such licences.

techwrangler, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Education licence

Windows Education Issue

Are you have Windows 10 Education installed?

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you don't have the right edition installed, you will need to download and install it.

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/vlacademicISO

Education licence 9b4ebea7-eec2-4952-bf58-fc24a900ff8a.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

Education licence 4b50baf3-7735-4510-a5df-60c21b90e0cf.png

Step 2: Create a bootable copy:

Step 3: perform a clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Education licence

1. Education licence - Similar Threads - Education licence

2. Windows 11 change education licence to home licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 change education licence to home licence: Hi,A few years ago whilst I was at university I bought a windows 10 education licence and installed it on my custom PC. I then upgraded to Windows 11.Recently, I was having lots of issues with Windows and BSOD so I reinstalled windows, before uninstalling I checked the...
  3. Windows 11 change education licence to home licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 change education licence to home licence: Hi,A few years ago whilst I was at university I bought a windows 10 education licence and installed it on my custom PC. I then upgraded to Windows 11.Recently, I was having lots of issues with Windows and BSOD so I reinstalled windows, before uninstalling I checked the...
  4. I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.

I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.: I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-transfering-my-win-10-pro-licence-to-a/bd552d69-dd4c-4ed0-9809-8ac787eee5df
  5. I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.: I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-transfering-my-win-10-pro-licence-to-a/bd552d69-dd4c-4ed0-9809-8ac787eee5df
  6. I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...: Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education, I'm not happy with it and regret my decision. Is it too late for me, is my original licence lost forever? I have run a...
  8. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...: Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education, I'm not happy with it and regret my decision. Is it too late for me, is my original licence lost forever? I have run a...
  9. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

10. windows ID education licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows ID education licence key: I am a school bursar and have been given some laptops by the local authority for our vulnerable children. Our IT department need a windows ID education licence to get them set up. Apparently this is free for schools, where can we get this information?...