Windows 10: Education upgrade

Discus and support Education upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a question. I want to upgrade my non-activated windows 10 account to education version. I can get it free because of my school. Does this delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hhd2, Aug 26, 2020.

1. /u/hhd2 Win User

Education upgrade

I got a question. I want to upgrade my non-activated windows 10 account to education version. I can get it free because of my school. Does this delete something on my pc?

submitted by /u/hhd2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hhd2, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Upgrade windows home to windows education

Have you tried upgrading by using only the product key?

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key

Enter your Windows 10 Education key

Click Next

Should be upgraded within 5 to 10 minutes, personal files, apps and settings preserved.

Learn more:

If the problem persist, I suggest you repair your Windows 10 Home installation first:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Education upgrade

upgrading from windows 10 home to education

I recently acquired windows 10 education through dreamspark, and I was wondering ... can I upgrade from home to education without losing all my files? I know that at least one person is going to suggest backing them up but I do not have that capability
    at this time.

hawk.armstrong, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Education upgrade

1. Education upgrade - Similar Threads - Education upgrade

2. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  3. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  8. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  9. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

10. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?...