Windows 10: Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

Discus and support Education vs Pro education - WIN 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nightearth, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I use to join the computers to their WIN 2016 server DC?Also, I would like to know if Microsoft is offering the education version for free like O365 or I have to pay per license .Last thing, I would like to ask if there is any difference between WIN 10 Pro education and WIN 10 Pro please. I appreciate your help.

:)

nightearth, Sep 6, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Sep 6, 2022
  3. Win10 Pro Education

Hi,

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it

How you can change Win 10 Pro Education to Win 10 Professional is mentioned by steps in the below mentioned Article, Kindly have a look in it, I am hopeful that you will get the answer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 6, 2022
  4. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

Win10 Pro Education

Sorry, there is no upgrade path from Education to Professional. You would have to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro.

Quoting Andre's post from

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edu/windows...

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

This article explains how to do a clean install:

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

1. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Education Pro education

2. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  3. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  4. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  6. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  7. Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education

Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education: Hello I'm running into an issue at work where half my fleet of new machines with Windows 10 Education 1809 is now downgraded to Windows 10 Pro Education. Why is this happening and how do I get regular Education back? The below image shows two machines that were imaged...
  8. Windows 10 Home vs. Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home vs. Education: Is there a reason NOT to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education? It looks like now it has nearly everything that Enterprise has, including Cortana. My biggest issue is not wanting to do a full reinstall if Education has some huge flaw that I am not seeing....
  9. Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade: I recently received a key from my university for Windows 10 Education and want to upgrade my existing Win 10 Pro. Are there any benefits in doing a clean install straight from the Win 10 Education iso versus running an upgrade from Pro to Education? p.s. I ran a new...
  10. Windows 10 Pro vs Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro vs Education: So I recently discovered that I can get a copy of Windows 10 Education from my school for free, and I was wondering if that would be a good upgrade. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, but based on the few comparison tables I could find Education seems to be on par with...