Windows 10: EEEK! thousands of duplicate files with ._ prefix

Discus and support EEEK! thousands of duplicate files with ._ prefix in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I opened up a folder today to grab a file and there are thousands of duplicate files with a " ._ " prefix scattered throughout my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeithAhl, Sep 6, 2019.

1. KeithAhl Win User

EEEK! thousands of duplicate files with ._ prefix

Hello everyone,

I opened up a folder today to grab a file and there are thousands of duplicate files with a " ._ " prefix scattered throughout my folders.

So, this is a new one to me.

Any insights would be a great thing.

Cheers.

:)

KeithAhl, Sep 6, 2019

2. duplicate files appear with prefix~s

if we open a document or image ,after the restarting the computer duplicate files with prefix ~s(file name).

for example-for file name cv.docx ,a duplicate file with name ~scv.docx appears by which u cant open the file.

how to solve this.is this virus. I have mcafee security.

KirthikaKuttuva, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Sep 6, 2019
  4. EEEK! thousands of duplicate files with ._ prefix

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

EEEK! thousands of duplicate files with ._ prefix

1. EEEK! thousands of duplicate files with ._ prefix - Similar Threads - EEEK thousands duplicate

2. Thousands of files in bizarre C:\ folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thousands of files in bizarre C:\ folder: I'm running Windows 11 Home on an HP laptop with 500GB of space, but only have 50GB left. This is odd as I only have about 100GB of documents and not many apps.I was reviewing my usage and the thing that takes up most space 250GB! is a folder in C:\Jau[ovXS= full name covered...
  3. Recommendations for cleaning hard drive with thousands of duplicate files and many empty...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommendations for cleaning hard drive with thousands of duplicate files and many empty...: Over the years before I was using OneDrive, I had had several laptops that had hard disk failure. While trying to recover my data somehow I have accumulated multiple copies of files and they are located in the wrong folders. It seems that in the transfer process, new folders...
  4. Recommendations for cleaning hard drive with thousands of duplicate files and many empty...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommendations for cleaning hard drive with thousands of duplicate files and many empty...: Over the years before I was using OneDrive, I had had several laptops that had hard disk failure. While trying to recover my data somehow I have accumulated multiple copies of files and they are located in the wrong folders. It seems that in the transfer process, new folders...
  5. I did a duplicate search on C: drive and found thousands of duplicates and some 5-10 copies...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I did a duplicate search on C: drive and found thousands of duplicates and some 5-10 copies...: I used a duplicate file finder and came across thousands of duplicate files, some of which are 5 or more duplicates in my C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\dtsapo4ultraasusextensionpkg.inf_amd64_ae02f2311cd88851\ASUS1043USBMB 4,720 12/14/2020 11:38:54 AM...
  6. I did a duplicate search on C: drive and found thousands of duplicates and some 5-10 copies...

I did a duplicate search on C: drive and found thousands of duplicates and some 5-10 copies...: I used a duplicate file finder and came across thousands of duplicate files, some of which are 5 or more duplicates in my C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\dtsapo4ultraasusextensionpkg.inf_amd64_ae02f2311cd88851\ASUS1043USBMB 4,720 12/14/2020 11:38:54 AM...
  7. Editing authorizations of thousands of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing authorizations of thousands of files: Hi,I tried looking around for someone having a similar problem, but didn't manage to find anyone.Here's my problem. I stored many, many photos and videos of mine on an external hard drive. The thing is, the folder they were in, the sub folders and the very photos are now all...
  8. Editing authorizations of thousands of files

Editing authorizations of thousands of files: Hi,I tried looking around for someone having a similar problem, but didn't manage to find anyone.Here's my problem. I stored many, many photos and videos of mine on an external hard drive. The thing is, the folder they were in, the sub folders and the very photos are now all...
  9. Editing authorizations of thousands of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Thousands of hidden files beginning with ._

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thousands of hidden files beginning with ._: I was cleaning up my music tags and the program I was using revealed that I have thousands of small files that begin with "._" I am guessing this is a result of changing from a Mac to a PC. Normally I would leave these alone but, because I have so many of them, they are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicate prefix

2. cena_x64free_en-us_dv9 vs cccoma_x64fre_en-us_dv9