Windows 10: Effective Onedrive free storage space

Discus and support Effective Onedrive free storage space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I understand that each Onedrive account has free 5 g storage space. For each file stored in Onedrive, when editing is done, Onedrive will create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Centeresmith, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Effective Onedrive free storage space

I understand that each Onedrive account has free 5 g storage space.

For each file stored in Onedrive, when editing is done, Onedrive will create a "File History" for that file.

Also, if a file is deleted, it will go to the "Recycle bin"

My question is that would the files in "File History" and files in the "Recycle bin" counted towards the 5 g storage space?

If they are counted towards the 5 g, then the actual effective storage will be less than 5 g.

Is it possible then to disable the creation of "File History" so as to maximize the storage space?

Thanks in advance

Cent.

:)

Centeresmith, Nov 9, 2019

2. onedrive taking up alot of storage windows phone

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Is your phone up-to-date?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How long has your phone had this issue?
    • Have you tried logging in to OneDrive via Edge or other browser to check if the data is still available? You can compare the used storage from the one you're seeing on OneDrive app.
    • Have you tried to check your phone storage to check how your phone storage space is being used? Go to
      Settings > Storage sense > Phone > Apps + games >
      look for OneDrive app, take a screenshot and attach it to your reply.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Effective Onedrive free storage space

Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown Effective Onedrive free storage space :(

Frick, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Effective Onedrive free storage space

1. Effective Onedrive free storage space - Similar Threads - Effective Onedrive free

2. free up space in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free up space in onedrive: OneDrive is using up most of the storage on my HDD and I'd like to change that. I've already done "free up space" in the OneDrive app and that didn't do anything. I uninstalled the OneDrive app, but it still left the OneDrive folder on the pc and I no longer had the OneDrive...
  3. free up space in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free up space in onedrive: OneDrive is using up most of the storage on my HDD and I'd like to change that. I've already done "free up space" in the OneDrive app and that didn't do anything. I uninstalled the OneDrive app, but it still left the OneDrive folder on the pc and I no longer had the OneDrive...
  4. Onedrive and Free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and Free up space: Hello,Using Onedrive to back up folders on my W10 desktop.In order not to double up storage usage on my desktop, I am right clicking on the Onedrive folders and selecting Free up space which then grays out that option.But the next day when I go back to those folders, the Free...
  5. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  6. Onedrive Free up space

Onedrive Free up space: Hi I wanted to Free up laptop space so I selected my Photos folder onedrive and hit free up. PC grinds away and hey presto blue cloud next to all my photo folders, Job done. However....About an hour later I get a notification saying I had deleted a large number of files...
  7. freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces

freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  8. OneDrive on Storage Spaces.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive on Storage Spaces.: Is it a good idea to put OneDrive on a Storage Space volume? 153210
  9. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  10. OneDrive - Not Enough Free Space?

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive - Not Enough Free Space?: Due to some problems I was having with Microsoft applications, I just had Microsoft re-install Windows 10 this morning. Everything seems to be back to normal, except that on the Taskbar, the Cloud icon has a red X and the tooltip says: "OneDrive There is not enough free...