Windows 10: Effing pissed over updates...

Discus and support Effing pissed over updates... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, im really Po'd right now at M$. The last update (sept or Cot, i dont know which) hosed two storage drives in my web/media/documents server. I had 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by furball zen, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Effing pissed over updates...

Ok, im really Po'd right now at M$. The last update (sept or Cot, i dont know which) hosed two storage drives in my web/media/documents server. I had 4 Seagate 1TB drives in a pool and had updates disabled in Services and a couple other places including removing the Tasks that allow the update service to be reenabled. Obviously it found a way past that and when the machine rebooted, it ignored the BIOS settings for the OS drive and tried to reboot from one of the storage drives. Something its done in the past, but ive always been right there to force a shut down with the power button. This time i have no idea WHEN it rebooted and sat there for well over a day while i was gone trying to boot from the storage drive. Because it sat there so long, i think it ruined the read head mechanism and somehow made the drive appear as an STL drive, not the proper 7200.12 drive. I havent really tried getting into saving the data as i was waiting on a couple replacement drives and havent had time since they came.

Aside from this issue, ive let it update and it breaks IIS and other required programs needed to have a web server with SQL data. Im not happy about losing a lot of ripped vids or music, but i have years of tax documents, massive SQL data tables for my websites and a lot of pictures that may never be recovered *Sad

My other issue is the Oct update hosed my Dell Venue tablet (this issue is happening all over for many tabs) and it wiped out all the restore points, could not be rolled back and now im having to reset it to stock.

My question, has anyone else seen this, and has anyone contacted M$ for compensation for turning our expensive devices into shit bricks? I dont care what they promised as far as "Windows as a Service", its MY property and i will use it HOW i want and if i want to keep it on an older version, THEN YOUD BETTER LET ME.

:)

furball zen, Nov 29, 2018

2. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 29, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    EFS

Ok that's good then.

So when you get a moment do what i suggested by deleting the existing EFS cert and let me know how you make out.

SarahKong, Nov 29, 2018
  4. DaMulta Win User

Effing pissed over updates...

Windows update killed Vista I'm pissed

I don't want to sound like a dick eaither I was just realy pissed I walked in and my machine didn't boot. There isn't much that pisses me off but that does LOL.

It's all under control now tho.

Yea you guys are right turning a PC off like that is not the best idea. 99.99% of the time noting will happen. When you hot swap drives you have to be fast because you can make a spark when you plug a drive in with the PSU dishing out power. You just go to device manager and tell it to find new hardware. It always pulls it up or should LOl.

When I came into day

It did step one

It did step two

Then step three it did this.

Almost all the update did work./

DaMulta, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Effing pissed over updates...

1. Effing pissed over updates... - Similar Threads - Effing pissed updates

2. Slightly pissed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slightly pissed: What are my options when windows update killed my laptop? I'm running windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 and this last update Which I did not authorise disabled my laptop. It will not boot. I left the machine in sleep mode, came back and it was stuck on the dell splash screen. I...
  3. Slightly pissed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slightly pissed: What are my options when windows update killed my laptop? I'm running windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 and this last update Which I did not authorise disabled my laptop. It will not boot. I left the machine in sleep mode, came back and it was stuck on the dell splash screen. I...
  4. Slightly pissed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pissed on creating an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pissed on creating an account: I am so pissed and fed up on creating a new account without administrator privellages but everytime i do it always end up with administrative privellages. What to do???...
  6. Pissed on creating an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pissed on creating an account: I am so pissed and fed up on creating a new account without administrator privellages but everytime i do it always end up with administrative privellages. What to do???...
  7. EFS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS: I rebuilt a new PC and transfered my SSD which had my OS from my old system and put it in my new PC. I had another HDD which held all my data and it was encrypted. However, I dycrypted it ,well at least I thought I had and then put it in my new PC. I went to access my...
  8. Pissed off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pissed off: I bought my PC and it came with windows activation pre installed with windows 10 on an OEM even says it in the system info but for some stupid reason windows will never activate no matter what i do and no i have not had a hardware change. submitted by /u/RogueCrusader5...
  9. Effing pissed over updates...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Effing pissed over updates...: Ok, im really Po'd right now at M$. The last update (sept or Cot, i dont know which) hosed two storage drives in my web/media/documents server. I had 4 Seagate 1TB drives in a pool and had updates disabled in Services and a couple other places including removing the Tasks...
  10. pissed off with latest updates i got

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pissed off with latest updates i got: since my last updates I can no longer connect to my printer to print it says it there but nothing happen s when you go to my document and want to print it will not and can I get rid of windows 10 and go back to windows 7 as I did not have anywhere as many problems with as I...