Windows 10: Efi partition between two partitions

Discus and support Efi partition between two partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an asus tuf fx55dt laptop with a 256gb ssd that has windows installed on it and a 1 tb hard drive as well. I am going to list the series... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnshumanPandey9999, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Efi partition between two partitions

Hi,

I have an asus tuf fx55dt laptop with a 256gb ssd that has windows installed on it and a 1 tb hard drive as well.

I am going to list the series of events that took place :

1) I installed ubuntu by creating a 300gb partition on my hdd.

2) ubuntu was not booting up without my charger connected so i decided to remove it.

3)ubuntu was installed in a 292gb parttion and a 500 mb efi partiton was also made on my hdd.

4) i deleted the ubuntu partition and an unallocated space of 292gb was made.

Then i tried to extend my 640gb partition in order to have my full hdd space back. But my 640gb partition did not extend to take up the 292gb unallocated space because the 500 mb efi partition is in between the two major partitions. Also my 640 gb partition turned into a simple volume from a primary one.

So now i have a c drive(ssd) with my windows installed and having a seperate efi partition of its own and a d drive(hdd) that has no os on it but has a 500 mb efi partition in between my major partitions.

Also i think my booting still takes place through the d drive efi partiton becuase whenever i boot into my pc first grub shows up followed by the windows bootloader.

I need to get my hdd space back. Please help.

:)

AnshumanPandey9999, Dec 7, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Efi partition between two partitions :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Dec 7, 2019
  4. trog100 Win User

Efi partition between two partitions

Move EFI partition

i have a dual boot (win 10 and android tablet) it only has a 32 gig system drive with a 16 gig partition for win 10..

the 16 gig is not enough for windows updates.. i dont need or use android so i have deleted all the android partitions.. so far so good i have another 10 gigs of space on the system drive..

i created a new volume which shows up as drive D.. my idea was to merge the two partitions giving me more C drive space for win 10 so as to enable enough upgrade space..

the pic below should show my problem.. i cant merge the two partitions because there is a system EFI file in between them.. *Smile Efi partition between two partitions :)

does anyone know how to move the EFI partition.. cos as yet i dont.. he he

Efi partition between two partitions move-efi.jpg

google shows me other people wanting to do the same thing but no answers.. or at least none i can make much sense of.. *Smile Efi partition between two partitions :)

its a teclast x89 tablet..

trog

trog100, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Efi partition between two partitions

1. Efi partition between two partitions - Similar Threads - Efi partition between

2. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  3. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  4. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two EFI partitions: I have SSD and HDDwindows is installed in SSDthere are Two EFI partitions totallyCan I delete the EFI partition in HDD Pls tell me what will happen if its deleted ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-efi-partitions/38ad9567-f3aa-49b0-909a-89d2aea81efe
  6. Two EFI partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two EFI partitions: I have SSD and HDDwindows is installed in SSDthere are Two EFI partitions totallyCan I delete the EFI partition in HDD Pls tell me what will happen if its deleted ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-efi-partitions/38ad9567-f3aa-49b0-909a-89d2aea81efe
  7. Laptop has two EFI partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop has two EFI partitions: Hello everyone, Don't know who else to ask. I recently cloned an M.2 drive over, and after the clone was complete the computer would not boot due to a bcd error. I was doing some research and wound up on reddit. Someone else mentioned the same thing happening and they...
  8. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  9. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  10. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows combine partition efi in between