Windows 10: EFI partition deleted

Discus and support EFI partition deleted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robo731, Feb 11, 2019.

1. robo731 Win User

EFI partition deleted

While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows' bootloader. I have a bootable usb with windows 10 on it.

Can I just run Code: bcdboot X:\windows[/quote] from the install media? Or are there other steps I need to take?

Is there some GUI recovery type tool that will do it on the install media?

:)

robo731, Feb 11, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile EFI partition deleted :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Feb 11, 2019
  3. EFI partition delete issues and restoration

If I delete the EFI partition accidentally in Windows 10, how do I setup or manage or restore the EFI partition?

Kaushik Guha, Feb 11, 2019
  4. EFI partition deleted

The Efi system partition deleting during clean install....

hi,

You are saying that i should not delete them (the EFI System partition) and just install windows to primary or main partition. Please tell me that i am correct in understanding this. If i am not, please give some easy step to do so.

Also, If i delete all my partitions including EFI and then click next to install windows, can't that be recreated. The disk looks like this

EFI partition deleted cb00b586-b41b-4a25-bdc5-cd6a009f2f20?upload=true.png

The MSR reserved partition i have deleted on previous clean install and also the recovery which was of win8.1 which i don't want. Please help.

Milind Goel, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

EFI partition deleted

1. EFI partition deleted - Similar Threads - EFI partition deleted

2. Moving EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving EFI Partition: Can someone tell me how to move EFI partition from one place to another, its just the example, but my problem is that i have C partition, after that i have EFI partition, and after that i have free space, now i can't resize my C partition coz EFI partition is next one... Win...
  3. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  4. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  5. EFI partition missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI partition missing: I bought a new SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the new drive, but i'm still keeping my old HDD into my laptop as a secondary drive. After the installation worked (the laptop was working correctly) I decided to format my old HDD. After a reboot i got this...
  6. hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted: the hard drive in my pc failed yesterday i managed to get almost everything back but the efi partition is lost so i can't boot into windows 10 is there anyway i can recreate it?? i use a gpt motherboard 121529
  7. Problem EFI partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem EFI partition: So I just bought a new PC that came without an SSD. I placed one in it and installed the OS on it. I have two other drives on the system as well. The 2TB HDD that came with the PC and a 1TB external HDD connected through USB. I'm trying to clear the 2TB completely to use for...
  8. Can I delete one EFI partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I delete one EFI partition?: Hi at all! I have used this procedure to move from Legacy BIOS to UEFI. Now msinfo32 shows UEFI, but I have two EFI partitions. See here: [img] Can I delete the third partition, without making my system unbootable? Thanks in advance! 75670
  9. Deleting EFI partition I made for Ubuntu 16.04

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting EFI partition I made for Ubuntu 16.04: I was trying to install Ubuntu on a separate partition on my secondary drive, but no longer need it as I got a laptop for it specifically. I deleted the volumes I had for Ubuntu "/" and "/home" but remember there is 1 GB I placed for swap and 650 MB for an EFI partition to...
  10. EFI and Recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI and Recovery partitions.: new hp pavilion laptop, the 2 default partitions besides C: notice they are 100% free space, they both are before C: , however posts I have been reading call for them to be after C: for rebuilding them? -EFI system partition, according to wikipedia this is: "When a...