Windows 10: EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue)

Discus and support EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So system crashed/blue screened while playing a game. After restart it just blue screens, can't even get to safe mode. So After some googling I guess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spyder256, Aug 14, 2020.

1. EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue)

So system crashed/blue screened while playing a game. After restart it just blue screens, can't even get to safe mode.

So After some googling I guess the boot partition got corrupted. (Drive is GPT) So while following this guide: https://youtu.be/l_I4K2-Rr_Y

I get to the formatting part where he says it should complete very quickly. And well instead it progresses very slowly and eventually it fails: https://imgur.com/a/tQ4vDsK (imgur rotated the image I dont know why)

What can I do now? I would rather not reinstall windows. I have quite a bit of stuff on this drive I would lose unfortunately.

submitted by /u/spyder256
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spyder256, Aug 14, 2020

2. Formatted EFI partition

Hello,

I have tried to dual boot my pc and it worked.But by mistake I formatted my EFI partition and so I can only boot into android marshmallow please help so that I can use my Windows 10 too.

Omkesh Dwivedi, Aug 14, 2020
  3. dictum Win User
    Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Aug 14, 2020
  4. trog100 Win User

EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue)

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue) :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue)

1. EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue) - Similar Threads - EFI Partition format

2. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  3. MBR2GPT Failing To Create EFI Partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MBR2GPT Failing To Create EFI Partition: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB with 173 GB free space perfectly healthy according to Samsung MagicianI've been battling away with this for days now and it's driving me crazy- trying to convert an MBR system drive to GPT. In the end I performed a repair...
  4. Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot: Hi, I was messing around with some Linux installation stuff for a side project that needed it and long story short I ended up deleting the 100mb "EFI System" partition. This understandably led my computer to no longer recognizing my Windows installation, and it disappeared as...
  5. I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS

I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS: So, as you can see I accidentally format the EFI partition and now my laptop Asus-X441UV is "OS-less". Thankfully I still can access the data via boot menu Linux Mint haven't download for Windows one. What should I do? Thanks and sorry for my carelessness...
  6. Issues with EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with EFI System Partition: This is with reference to EFI System Partition Drive which automatically created as Local Disk Z in my PC when I allocated space from C Windows drive to D drive. Earlier this drive Z drive wasn't there and I want to remove it. Please tell the safest procedure ASA[ATTACH]P....
  7. Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install: I wanted to fresh install my Pop OS alongside windows so burned an iso and checked to format my old pop os installation. I accidentally checked the format EFI partition too. Now I am unable to boot to windows. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/bprayush [link]...
  8. Deleted boot partitions, creating new EFI partition failed, next steps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted boot partitions, creating new EFI partition failed, next steps?: I have a few different drives in my computer, and recently installed Linux Mint (an OS I have used quite a bit) onto an nVme drive I salved from my Surface Pro 4 (dog ate it...). Anyway, for a while I've had a weird issue when starting Windows, where it would give me two...
  9. Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...

Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...: I am getting this error trying to install latest version of windows in a uefi bootable USB. I used Rufus to create the USB in ntfs format. I have formatted my OS and I don't want to lose any more data. What can I do?...
  10. How to make an EFI Win10 boot instruction in EFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make an EFI Win10 boot instruction in EFI partition?: Hi all. There are hundreds of posts in these forums and on the internet about EFI and Windows 10 booting, but I can't seem to find a single one that describes how to boot Windows from an EFI partition. Short Background ------------------------ I have a 512GB SSD...