Windows 10: EFI partition keeps saying hidden, cant boot winodws

Discus and support EFI partition keeps saying hidden, cant boot winodws in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; trying to finalize my windows install but it wont boot to the final step...asked other forums but we cant get passed the "hidden info" [img] 136592 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rs100, Jul 14, 2019.

1. rs100 Win User

EFI partition keeps saying hidden, cant boot winodws

trying to finalize my windows install but it wont boot to the final step...asked other forums but we cant get passed the "hidden info"

EFI partition keeps saying hidden, cant boot winodws [​IMG]

:)

rs100, Jul 14, 2019
  2. dictum Win User

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Jul 14, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Is using an hdd without partition OK?

How do USB drive boot in UEFI then without the EFI partition, they just have a EFI folder?

newtekie1, Jul 14, 2019
  4. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile EFI partition keeps saying hidden, cant boot winodws :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

1. EFI partition keeps saying hidden, cant boot winodws - Similar Threads - EFI partition keeps

2. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  3. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  4. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot...: I have Windows 10 on a USB. I was wondering what I can do to recreate the EFI system partition. All of my data is still intact on the system except the EFI system partition. I tried to boot from the Windows 10 USB but it gives me a blue screen with error 0xC000000F....
  6. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  7. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  8. EFI partition missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI partition missing: I bought a new SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the new drive, but i'm still keeping my old HDD into my laptop as a secondary drive. After the installation worked (the laptop was working correctly) I decided to format my old HDD. After a reboot i got this...
  9. upgrading to SSD and unable to boot into Windows10 (EFI hidden)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to SSD and unable to boot into Windows10 (EFI hidden): Hi, I am unable to boot into windows 10 after completing the installation successfully. PC is HP Prodesk G3 small form factor (business PC) All files are being written to the SSD but just can not boot. The disk is GPT and secure boot is enabled. I am unable to find an...
  10. How to make an EFI Win10 boot instruction in EFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make an EFI Win10 boot instruction in EFI partition?: Hi all. There are hundreds of posts in these forums and on the internet about EFI and Windows 10 booting, but I can't seem to find a single one that describes how to boot Windows from an EFI partition. Short Background ------------------------ I have a 512GB SSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. partizia efi hidden