Windows 10: EFI Partition

Discus and support EFI Partition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenBrown236, Apr 5, 2022.

1. EFI Partition

Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also I'm not sure if that EFI partition is even a part of Windows because I used to have linux on this pc but have uninstalled it, so can someone tell me if this is a part of windows and if it is safe to delete without affecting windows?

:)

BenBrown236, Apr 5, 2022
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile EFI Partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Apr 5, 2022
  4. EFI Partition

Efi partition between two partitions

Hi,

I have an asus tuf fx55dt laptop with a 256gb ssd that has windows installed on it and a 1 tb hard drive as well.

I am going to list the series of events that took place :

1) I installed ubuntu by creating a 300gb partition on my hdd.

2) ubuntu was not booting up without my charger connected so i decided to remove it.

3)ubuntu was installed in a 292gb parttion and a 500 mb efi partiton was also made on my hdd.

4) i deleted the ubuntu partition and an unallocated space of 292gb was made.

Then i tried to extend my 640gb partition in order to have my full hdd space back. But my 640gb partition did not extend to take up the 292gb unallocated space because the 500 mb efi partition is in between the two major partitions. Also my 640 gb partition
    turned into a simple volume from a primary one.

So now i have a c drive(ssd) with my windows installed and having a seperate efi partition of its own and a d drive(hdd) that has no os on it but has a 500 mb efi partition in between my major partitions.

Also i think my booting still takes place through the d drive efi partiton becuase whenever i boot into my pc first grub shows up followed by the windows bootloader.

I need to get my hdd space back. Please help.

AnshumanPandey9999, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

EFI Partition

1. EFI Partition - Similar Threads - EFI Partition

2. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  3. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  4. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: C:\WINDOWS\system32>MBR2GPT.EXE /convert /allowfullos MBR2GPT will now attempt to convert the default book disk. If conversion is successful the disk can only be booted in GPT mode. These changes cannot be undone! MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 1 MBR2GPT: Retrieving...
  6. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  7. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  8. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

9. Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.: There were some errors on old windows 10, the time I was working to fix the errors using Recovery mode Command Prompt I used command 'Clean' on windows disk I was to plan a new install.I was unaware about the problems if once the EFI partition is deleted this is going very...
  10. Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.

Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.: There were some errors on old windows 10, the time I was working to fix the errors using Recovery mode Command Prompt I used command 'Clean' on windows disk I was to plan a new install.I was unaware about the problems if once the EFI partition is deleted this is going very...