Windows 10: EFS copying , moving files

Discus and support EFS copying , moving files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files. According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IT_Texas, Apr 28, 2020.

1. IT_Texas Win User

EFS copying , moving files

Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files.

According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by Andrew Bettany on page #188 "EFS will prevent attempts to copy or move encrypted data by anyone except users who have the proper credentials".

But, I was able to move EFS encrypted files within the same drive using another user account. So, my question is: can EFS files be moved or copied by another user? can they be copied to external drives ? Any information on this subject is greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

IT_Texas, Apr 28, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Meisha Win User
    Confused about EFS encryption

EFS encryption has never been anything but trouble for me (and probably for most people), and I would love to be able to turn it off completely. I followed the steps on this page:
    Disable Auto Encrypt Files Moved to EFS Encrypted Folders in Windows and I'm wondering how free I am from encryption now. The note says the system will still encrypt when copying files, and I'm only safe from encryption when moving files. I'm not sure if that means my system will continue to encrypt a file every time I copy it, or if I'll be free of the problem now. Could anyone please tell me in which circumstances my system will continue to encrypt my files? Thank you for your help!

Meisha, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. EFS copying , moving files - Similar Threads - EFS copying moving

2. i have encrypt file with efs then i moved those in linux and copied again in windows it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have encrypt file with efs then i moved those in linux and copied again in windows it...: hi , i encrypt some of my file with right click > advanced > encrypt function and then take backup of certificate files and then moved that encrypted file to linux after that i reinstall my windows and moved back my encrypted file and now i try to decrypt with certificate , i...
  3. i have encrypt file with efs then i moved those in linux and copied again in windows it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have encrypt file with efs then i moved those in linux and copied again in windows it...: hi , i encrypt some of my file with right click > advanced > encrypt function and then take backup of certificate files and then moved that encrypted file to linux after that i reinstall my windows and moved back my encrypted file and now i try to decrypt with certificate , i...
  4. copying EFS files encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying EFS files encrypted files: Hello,i am studying for the md-100 exam and came across this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-copying-moving-files/a013bd25-fca9-475c-a4aa-15b8e2de3b51Here it states that any user can move encrypted files on the same drive.However ik tested this...
  5. copying EFS files encrypted files

copying EFS files encrypted files: Hello,i am studying for the md-100 exam and came across this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-copying-moving-files/a013bd25-fca9-475c-a4aa-15b8e2de3b51Here it states that any user can move encrypted files on the same drive.However ik tested this...
  6. copying EFS files encrypted files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  8. Moving or Copying Files

Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  9. Efs files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efs files: Dear Greg This is Tommy, thanks for getting back to me. I have tried everything, the folder is encrypted "EFS" and the security key is long gone. The computer crashed and a friend reformatted the harddrive and reinstalled windows. This was 10 years ago. I have been trying...
  10. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. efs mkv file

2. efs moving one drive to another