Windows 10: EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do

Discus and support EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Would like to ask why opening Microsoft To Do prompts an EFS notification that I need to Backup Encryption Key. This behavior didn't happened to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohanVillanueva1, May 15, 2022.

1. EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do

Would like to ask why opening Microsoft To Do prompts an EFS notification that I need to Backup Encryption Key. This behavior didn't happened to me before, even though I use Microsoft To Do on a daily. Are there any fixes for this, as I don't want to touch any encryption related feature. Thanks

:)

JohanVillanueva1, May 15, 2022

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 15, 2022
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, May 15, 2022
  4. EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do

How find Private key of EFS?

Hi VijayKumhar,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Follow these steps to back up the private key using the Command Prompt as the option ‘export the private key’ is not available.

1. Open CMD or Command Prompt in Admin mode.
    2. Type ‘cipher /x "%UserProfile%\Desktop\EFSCertificates".
    3. You will now get a prompt confirming if you are sure if you want to back up the certificates associated to your files encrypted with EFS Encryption. Click on OK.
    4. It will work as you to enter a password to protect your .PRX file from unauthorized users. Enter the password and hit Enter.
    5. Now, enter the same password to confirm it and then hit Enter.
    Once this is done, a file by name ‘EFSCertificates.PRX’ will be saved on to your Desktop.

Further, if you still face issues, suggest you to post your question in the
    TechNet Windows 10 IT Pro Security where we have support professionals who are
    well equipped with the knowledge and skill to handle queries regarding EFS Certificates issue.

We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 15, 2022
Thema:

EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do

1. EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do - Similar Threads - EFS Prompt Notification

2. When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...: HP Allinone Win 10 22H2 STANDARD USERWhen I use EFS encryption, the lock symbol appears on the files but I don't get the predicted notice about backing up the EFS encryption Certificate and key or a system tray icon for that. certmgr.msc doesn't show an EFS certificate. How...
  3. When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...: HP Allinone Win 10 22H2 STANDARD USERWhen I use EFS encryption, the lock symbol appears on the files but I don't get the predicted notice about backing up the EFS encryption Certificate and key or a system tray icon for that. certmgr.msc doesn't show an EFS certificate. How...
  4. When I use EFS encryption, why don't I see a EFS encryption Certificate notice. How do I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. When open the microsoft store I am prompted with "Microsoft Store couldn't update" and...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When open the microsoft store I am prompted with "Microsoft Store couldn't update" and...: I have recently regained use of my computer after it having been inoperable for about a year and a half. After I had updated to the most recent version of windows 10 I would get a page when opening the Microsoft store that said "Microsoft Store couldn't update, Something...
  6. When open the microsoft store I am prompted with "Microsoft Store couldn't update" and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When open the microsoft store I am prompted with "Microsoft Store couldn't update" and...: I have recently regained use of my computer after it having been inoperable for about a year and a half. After I had updated to the most recent version of windows 10 I would get a page when opening the Microsoft store that said "Microsoft Store couldn't update, Something...
  7. When open the microsoft store I am prompted with "Microsoft Store couldn't update" and...

8. EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do: Would like to ask why opening Microsoft To Do prompts an EFS notification that I need to Backup Encryption Key. This behavior didn't happened to me before, even though I use Microsoft To Do on a daily. Are there any fixes for this, as I don't want to touch any encryption...
  9. EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do

EFS Prompt/Notification when I open Microsoft To-Do: Would like to ask why opening Microsoft To Do prompts an EFS notification that I need to Backup Encryption Key. This behavior didn't happened to me before, even though I use Microsoft To Do on a daily. Are there any fixes for this, as I don't want to touch any encryption...
  10. Notifications Do Nothing When I Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications Do Nothing When I Click: When I open the Notification area and click on a notification (e.g. a new email), nothing happens: it simply disappears! I have an Asus N550JV with Windows 10 Home (1809)...