Windows 10: EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working

Discus and support EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Last night, I installed the Norton remover to remove the Norton Security Scan, 'cause I've heard it's pretty bad. So I did that and everything went... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by linjayjay, Apr 18, 2021.

1. linjayjay Win User

EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working

Last night, I installed the Norton remover to remove the Norton Security Scan, 'cause I've heard it's pretty bad. So I did that and everything went pretty well. But then after I successfully removed Norton, and restarted my laptop. I realized my finger print sensor is not working! I went to check the device manager, it showed that my " EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor cannot be started because of it's configuration info is incomplete or damaged code 19."

So how do I fix it?EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working [​IMG] I was thinking about reinstall it, but I'm don't know any site that can provides downloading safely, they all seems fishy to me.

:)

linjayjay, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Splash Win User

Win8.1: how to Get fingerprint sensor EgisTec ES603 to work?

My Status: I have a Win8.1 system (no Upgrade 1). I have purchased the EgisTec ES603 fingerprint sensor in Amazon. It comes with an installation disk. I have installed the driver and the device is now showing up in the device manager (Geräte Manager in German) without any yellow triangle. So it should work fine.

My Problem: How can I get the Win8.1 fingerprint app running? According to several support articles, one can go to the account page and get the fingerprint option page. This should be a standard Win8.1 feature. But the account apge is only showing the normal login options. ALso when going to the Start Screen and typing fingerprint, the option to go to the Accountinformation is presented (Anmeldeinformation in German). This leads to the same page with login options. But no fingerprint enrollment is possible.

My Questions:

1. Is the ES603 compatible with the Win8.1 Biometric Framework?
    2. What needs to be done to get the ES603 working in Win8.1?
    3. Any links to additional download sites?

Thanks a lot

/* Removing some embarassing typos... */

Splash, Apr 18, 2021
  3. seagull Win User
    Win8.1: how to Get fingerprint sensor EgisTec ES603 to work?

Friends, I have an EgisTec ES603 scanner and I managed to get it working through an awkward cocktail of drivers and prayer. I'm happy to share my drivers and instructions.

1. Download the ES603 driver here. Excuse my rather arrogant language in the readme, even if I am correct.
    2. Extract the contents of the "INF files.zip" file. Right-click the .inf file and select 'install'. This allows Windows to recognise the USB device far enough to permit further driver installations for it.
    3. Run "2 - Driver Setup.exe". It's a standard EgisTec driver installer, but will fail without the first step having been satisfied. This explains to Windows fully what the device is.
    4. Run the Setup in the third zip to link the Driver to Windows' Biometric Framework (WBF). You need this to be able to sign in properly.
    5. Reboot your machine.
    6. Sign in as normal and go to your user settings section. In Windows 8 this is through the 'settings' option in the Charms; in Windows 10 it's in the "All Settings" section of the Action Centre.
    7. Set up a PIN for your account. I haven't checked in Windows 8, but in Windows 10 you need this to activate "Windows Hello", which permits use of fingerprints to sign in.
    8. Enrol your finger prints!

Hope this helps you all.

seagull, Apr 18, 2021
  4. EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working

Windows 10 does not let me set up fingerprint

Should I uninstall and reinstall the BIOS fingerprint reader? I have only uninstalled and reinstalled the Egistec ES603 Swipe Fingerprint Sensor.

Fingerprint Driver: Egistec ES603 Swipe Fingerprint Sensor Date: 5/15/2017

What is a TC make and Model?

doushitesan, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working

1. EgisTec Touch Fingerprint Sensor not working - Similar Threads - EgisTec Touch Fingerprint

2. Egistec Touch Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Egistec Touch Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working: Hi, my computer Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 has just updated to Windows 11 Home and my fingerprint sensor which is Egistec Touch Fingerprint sensor has stopped working. On device manager, it said that this hardware device is not connected to the computer....
  3. Egistec Touch Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Egistec Touch Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working: Hi, my computer Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 has just updated to Windows 11 Home and my fingerprint sensor which is Egistec Touch Fingerprint sensor has stopped working. On device manager, it said that this hardware device is not connected to the computer....
  4. Fingerprint Sensor not working

Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  5. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  6. Egistec touch fingerprint driver keeps failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Egistec touch fingerprint driver keeps failing: So I have this recurring issue with my fingerprint sensor on my Acer. It seems that every couple of days or so the driver fails and I am not sure why. When this happens, I am unable to use my fingerprint to sign in and I have to go into my drivers and deactivate the Egistec...
  7. Egistec touch fingerprint driver keeps failing

Egistec touch fingerprint driver keeps failing: So I have this recurring issue with my fingerprint sensor on my Acer. It seems that every couple of days or so the driver fails and I am not sure why. When this happens, I am unable to use my fingerprint to sign in and I have to go into my drivers and deactivate the Egistec...
  8. Fingerprint Sensor Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor Not Working: Hello,I have a Dell XPS 7590 laptop purchased through the Microsoft Store in Canada and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. I purchased the extended warranty so it should still be covered by warranty. I've reinstalled the driver, as well as rerecorded the finger print...
  9. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor not working: I just updated to the newest version of Windows. This current laptop is only 2 weeks old and when I got it, the fingerprint sensor was working just fine. Now, after the update, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. When I got to settings, it says we couldn't find a fingerprint...
  10. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint sensor not working: Recently I noticed my fingerprint sign in option no longer existed. Went into device manager and clicked on my fingerprint sensor's properties. It says: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. Anyone know how to fix...