Windows 10: Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender

Discus and support Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently got attacked by an Ehiz virus. I already removed the malware using various apps such as Msert and Malwarebytes. However, I can't still turn... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ray_0828, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Ray_0828 Win User

Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender

I recently got attacked by an Ehiz virus. I already removed the malware using various apps such as Msert and Malwarebytes. However, I can't still turn on my Windows Defender firewall/ Windows Security. The windefend was already installed in the registry but the Windows Security is not listed on the Services. Moreover, the irTool: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore keeps on getting back from checking on the result of Microsoft Security Scanner. I already updated my windows version to the latest.

:)

Ray_0828, Jun 10, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

I am on Windows 8, and control panel security says Windows Defender is my anti virus and firewall.

Phusius, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender - Similar Threads - Ehiz Virus Security

2. Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working: Hi all,My Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection have all appeared to stop working. My real-time protection is off and I can't switch it off. I did not have any 3rd party antivirus software at the time just installed Avira free to plug the gap for now. May I kindly...
  3. Windows Security Windows Defender Anti-Virus Problem

Windows Security Windows Defender Anti-Virus Problem: I’m using Windows Operating System from 2008 with Windows XP Professional SP2; But Now I’m on Windows 10 PC using Windows 10 Pro. Anyway, I’ve a problem with AV’s Scanner like Full, Quick, or even Custom Scan When it’s Finished Scanning, it Show me 1 threats found, & When I...
  4. scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender

scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender: I want to schedule antivirus scans in Windows 10 using Windows Securityex Defender. I used the Task Scheduler and could not find a folder for Windows Defender. I discovered that Windows Defender is now called Windows Security. I could not find that either. Windows...
  5. How Secure Windows Defender at Hard Disk Infected with Virus

How Secure Windows Defender at Hard Disk Infected with Virus: Hello Team, Greetings for the day. Have a question on Windows Defender, Is that works well at Data stored in our Hard Disk which contains Virus.? * Moved from Education...
  6. Virus got through Windows Defender, crippled Windows Security Virus & threat protection.

Virus got through Windows Defender, crippled Windows Security Virus & threat protection.: Hi. Today I noticed that I hadn't got a Windows Update in a while. Sure enough, I discovered that the service was broken and could not be started manually. The reason for this, after a bit of digging, was that a good chunk of the registry entries for the Windows Update...
  7. Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem

Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem: Hi Microsoft service, I need your help to fix my computer that I had struggle to find why Virus & Threat Protection is not working. I was updated Windows 10 Update. There are some changes to add new feature. Need your help to fix my computer. Regards, Spring...
  8. Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center/Virus and Threat Protection

Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center/Virus and Threat Protection: Just this week I started receiving notifications that virus and threat protection was turned off. When I checked all the settings under virus and threat protection were turned off and when I attempted to turn them on I received a pop-up message: User Account Control Do...
  9. Windows Defender Security Centre Anti Virus

Windows Defender Security Centre Anti Virus: Why does WDSC anti virus tell me that this is being managed by my organisation, as I am the sole user/administrator of my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-centre-anti-virus/19314f09-321f-40f4-a2d1-de416ae02835"
  10. Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus)

Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus): Hey guys! Last night i downloaded a file that it supposed to be a hack for a game(i'm not that foul to accept that files when windows security warned me but i thought it wasn't a virus and i thought it was a real hack) and the antivirus warned me but i turned off all the...