Windows 10: EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC

Discus and support EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 Home 21H2. For a little while following the install, I could put the PC to sleep and wake it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Str8outofCrompton, Mar 12, 2022.

1. EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC

I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 Home 21H2. For a little while following the install, I could put the PC to sleep and wake it without issue. I use a Logitech Harmony remote via a EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR to do this.Unfortunately, somewhere along the way of installing my application software I began having an issue. When I simultaneously power down multiple devices within an active Harmony activity my PC would always wake after only a few seconds. Event Viewer would list the IntelR USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Micr

:)

Str8outofCrompton, Mar 12, 2022

2. IR receiver eHome missing

Hi,

I've been running my HTPC on windows 10 (current version 2004) for a number of years and it has worked fine. However, yesterday my Logitech remote ceased working. I did the usual things , switch off switch on etc.

When I opened my Device Manager i noticed that the eHome device is missing.
    The usbcir.sys file exists under %WinDir%\System32\drivers\usbcir.sys.
    A check of the event logs show NO errors.

This link EHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR) - Windows 10 Service - batcmd.com

States that if usbcir fails to start it should throw an error.
    I have no errors.
    i ran the batch file RestoreEHomeInfraredReceiverUSBCIRWindows10.bat from this site but no luck even after a reboot.

Not sure if this is a service or not. I couldn't find a eHome service running on my machine.

Does anyone know why this device is no longer available or showing up under the device manager ?
    How can i re-install it ?

Erick

ErickTreetops, Mar 12, 2022
  3. eHome (Media Center) remote control not working in Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10 (OEM, cleanly installed), and trying to get my old Windows Media Center remote control to work (at least for volume, play, pause, next track, etc.)

The infrared receiver is detected, drivers are installed, and the appropriate devices show up in Device Manager ("Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver", etc.), the usbcir service is started, etc, but there's no reaction.

My keyboard's media keys work; I used a "ShowKey" utility to verify that my media keyboard sends the appropriate WM_APPCOMMAND messages, but nothing happens whatsoever when I use the remote control buttons (though I can see the receiver light up that it is receiving commands). The receiver and remote work fine on a Windows 8 PC.

From what I understand the remote should work if it's the standard RC6 remote, which it is.

Mark Sowul, Mar 12, 2022
  4. EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC

Jsssssssss, Mar 12, 2022
Thema:

EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC

1. EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC - Similar Threads - EHome Infrared Receiver

2. EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC: I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 Home 21H2. For a little while following the install, I could put the PC to sleep and wake it without issue. I use a Logitech Harmony remote via a EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR to do this.Unfortunately, somewhere along the...
  3. EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR waking PC: I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 Home 21H2. For a little while following the install, I could put the PC to sleep and wake it without issue. I use a Logitech Harmony remote via a EHome Infrared Receiver USBCIR to do this.Unfortunately, somewhere along the...
  4. No Infrared Devices - help with HELLO face recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Infrared Devices - help with HELLO face recognition: Hello! I'm trying to set up the Windows Hello Face Recognition and I noticed my laptop it's a new one, it has 2 months top doesn't have Infrared Devices in the Device Manager. 1 Should the IR camera came with the laptop, so it's windows fault?2 is it fixable? I have a laptop,...
  5. IR receiver eHome missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IR receiver eHome missing: Hi, I've been running my HTPC on windows 10 (current version 2004) for a number of years and it has worked fine. However, yesterday my Logitech remote ceased working. I did the usual things , switch off switch on etc. When I opened my Device Manager i noticed that the eHome...
  6. eHome device missing

eHome device missing: Hi, I've been running my HTPC on windows 10 current version 2004 for a number of years and it has worked fine. However, yesterday my Logitech remote ceased working. I did the usual things , switch off switch on etc. When I opened my Device Manager i noticed that the eHome...
  7. Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared

Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared: If you use Windows 10 and any kind of Infrared adapter for dive computer, or other download device ---- DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEWEST VERSION, 1903. It breaks something. [Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is...
  8. Infrared not recognized

Infrared not recognized: Upgraded to Windows 10 ver 1903 and the infrared device is not working. Got this: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)...
  9. infrared transmission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    infrared transmission: howto…? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infrared-transmission/21840481-cecc-430e-abdf-c17bf8830982
  10. InfraRed driver not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    InfraRed driver not working after 1803 update: Hi I have a Scubapro Galileo dive computer which connects to software running in windows. It all worked great until the 1803 update now, although it recognizes the infrared device when I plug it in, it doesn't work. Looking in the Device Manager it says that the driver is...