Windows 10: ei.cfg question

Discus and support ei.cfg question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a B50-30 (Touch) All-in-One (Lenovo) - Type F0AU that I want to upgrade to Windows 10 (currently on Win 8.1 build 9600 Home). I have the ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pstoric, Nov 22, 2019.

1. pstoric Win User

ei.cfg question

I have a B50-30 (Touch) All-in-One (Lenovo) - Type F0AU that I want to upgrade to Windows 10 (currently on Win 8.1 build 9600 Home). I have the ISO from the media creation tool and an ei.cfg file that has the following. Should the EditionID be set to Core or Retail? Up until this point I've only upgraded Dell's but if the Channel is OEM which I verified using slmgr /dlv then it should be the same upgrade process right?

[EditionID]
    Core
    [Channel]
    OEM
    [VL]

:)

pstoric, Nov 22, 2019

2. Disassociate file .cfg

WinKey+R -> Regedit

Locate & delete (if they exist) the following two keys:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cfg\UserChoice

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Roaming\OpenWith\FileExts\.cfg\UserChoice

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Bill Smithers, Nov 22, 2019
  4. ei.cfg question

Disassociate file .cfg

Ok so i was working on a cfg file for a game and i needed to edit it for one reason or another and to do so i opened it with notepad and forgot to click the button to not make this default opener so now the game wont launch with any languages so i need
    to disassociate the file .cfg i am on 64 bit windows 10

JesseJones_, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

ei.cfg question

1. ei.cfg question - Similar Threads - cfg question

2. How to get rid of cfg file on cloud storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of cfg file on cloud storage?: Hello everyone.My problem is with the CFG file whenever I delete the file after a few weeks it will come back and I want to get rid of it, I don't want to see it anymore. And I removed terabox. What should I do?...
  3. How to get rid of cfg file on cloud storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of cfg file on cloud storage?: Hello everyone.My problem is with the CFG file whenever I delete the file after a few weeks it will come back and I want to get rid of it, I don't want to see it anymore. And I removed terabox. What should I do?...
  4. open a CFG video file? or jvc movie

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open a CFG video file? or jvc movie: I made a movie on my jvc camcorder but downloaded to H:\PRIVET\JVC\TAG= THE FILE NAME is videoteg.cfg.file... I think. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-a-cfg-video-file-or-jvc-movie/366b7cc1-bf3b-409c-bf17-027d7e5eac4e
  5. open a CFG video file? or jvc movie

open a CFG video file? or jvc movie: I made a movie on my jvc camcorder but downloaded to H:\PRIVET\JVC\TAG= THE FILE NAME is videoteg.cfg.file... I think. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-a-cfg-video-file-or-jvc-movie/366b7cc1-bf3b-409c-bf17-027d7e5eac4e
  6. Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.: This is a clean installation on new hardware on 21h2. I am trying to disable all exploit protection settings system-wide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-exploit-protection-system-wide-but/6109c095-67ea-448a-a70b-9015c9b90269
  7. Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.: This is a clean installation on new hardware on 21h2. I am trying to disable all exploit protection settings system-wide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-exploit-protection-system-wide-but/6109c095-67ea-448a-a70b-9015c9b90269
  8. Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?: Hi there, I have a problem. I did check "Always use this app to open .cfg files" and select Notepad. Now I want to take back what I did. I tried to reset however it didnt work. I dont want that always open my .cfg files with notepad. I just want to stay the way how it was...
  10. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.: I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in Visual Studio 2015. But that was only for C/C++ projects. Control Flow Guard I read that CFG is enabled by default in...