Windows 10: Einstein's Definition of Insanity

Discus and support Einstein's Definition of Insanity in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Einstein is widely credited with a definition of insanity which says that it is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mojorising, May 6, 2018.

1. Einstein's Definition of Insanity

Einstein is widely credited with a definition of insanity which says that it is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

If the nightmare 1709 windows update does not work on a machine for whatever reason then why does Win 10 Automatic Update immediately try and do the update again after spending an hour rolling back to the old version of the operating system after the failed update?

Microsoft, if you are reading this:- There is no point in blindly charging ahead and repeating an update attempt in an endless and inescapable loop. If it did not work the first time because a driver is not supported any-more then it will still not work until a driver update solution is found.

These inescapable update loops burn a lot of down-time and achieve nothing.

The Update process should stop trying to update if a driver version problem is causing the update to fail and roll-back.

:)

mojorising, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Einstein's Definition of Insanity

1. Einstein's Definition of Insanity - Similar Threads - Einstein's Definition Insanity

2. This is driving me insane,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is driving me insane,: [ATTACH] Maximized windows create a bar at the bottom that obscures a portion of the taskbar. Clicking on the taskbar makes it disappear but it's still annoying. Any fix? submitted by /u/Moheron [link] [comments]...
  3. what is this einstein process taking so much of my memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is this einstein process taking so much of my memory?: is this a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-einstein-process-taking-so-much-of-my/5667811b-5fab-47e0-9d14-4fee9a4e5f84
  4. What happened to Einstein?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to Einstein?: In one version of Windows I was greeted on bootup by Alber Einstein entering stage right with a mug of coffee. He would finish his coffee and throw the empty mug over his shoulder and then get down to work. I miss him.What happened to Al? Is he still around but just hiding...
  5. What happened to Einstein?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to Einstein?: In one version of Windows I was greeted on bootup by Alber Einstein entering stage right with a mug of coffee. He would finish his coffee and throw the empty mug over his shoulder and then get down to work. I miss him.What happened to Al? Is he still around but just hiding...
  6. Insane ram usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insane ram usage?: [ATTACH] The only guess it the SSD... But maybe something else? Which is why i am asking https://preview.redd.it/4zhxcrhuj0x51.png?width=369&format=png&auto=webp&s=21274d827ec2e66753fd6fe0a206a806c3279e27...
  7. Insane display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insane display driver: I've had some problems with drivers for a bit and though I was making ground. If I update my sound driver everything gets scratchy and sounds underwater. If I uninstall and reset sounds great. It updated itself sometimes- I was suggested to download autoruns and hide the...
  8. Einstein's Definition of Insanity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Einstein's Definition of Insanity: I would like to block just the 1709 update. If you use WUMT Wrapper Script you can just avoid selecting it for download and installation. Download WUMT Wrapper Script - MajorGeeks [img] [img] Also run configurator.cmd if you ever need to manually install an...
  9. going insane with pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    going insane with pc: I recently updated my cpu fan/heatsink from a stock one to a hyper 212x. Since doing this I am get blue screen of death, different error code each time. Most of the time 0x0000000e, or system thread cannot be handled. I cant get windows to load anymore, neither can boot from...
  10. Insane Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insane Laptop Keyboard: Now I think that one of our kids, messing around with one of our laptops, did it. Several keyboard keys produce two symbols. The back key does not work, so I cannot erase the extra symbols. I ran Malwarebytes (even though I don't think that was the problem) and it found...