Windows 10: Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time

Discus and support Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Kotion Each G-2000 headset. I've had this headset for some time now, and I've also been using Windows 10 for quite a bit. Occasionally an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StayedGibbon265, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time

I have a Kotion Each G-2000 headset. I've had this headset for some time now, and I've also been using Windows 10 for quite a bit. Occasionally an update would render something about my headset broken for some time, then I'd find out some way to fix it. But not this time. Microsoft kept bugging me over and over to update my Windows, so I decided to do so while I went to do something. I come back and realise something: My microphone doesn't work when I tried talking to someone online. I look it up and it seems like other people had this problem after updating recently. So I follow some fixes that people posted, none of which worked. Then I tried resetting the drivers, setting as default device, and all that jazz. I finally decide to just try uninstalling the update, as that seemed to be the only option Microsoft was giving me here. So I do that, and reset my computer. Once it finished doing everything, I go to try; Hoorah! My microphone works! Now, I'm gonna play some music to relax...Oh, wait, the headphones now don't work. I spent about 2 hours fixing them, only to then realise the microphone no longer worked. Everyone else having this problem only has 1 cord for their headset, but not me. I have a USB (for LEDs), a cord for headphones, and a cord for the microphone. If I unplug the headphone plug, and unplug then re-plug in the microphone cord, the microphone will work; Upon re-inserting the headphone cord, the microphone cuts off and the headphones work. I tried the microphone on a separate PC and it worked perfectly fine. I also tried the headphones without the mic plugged in, and it worked fine there too. The headset obviously isn't muted, and my jacks aren't messed up because I plugged seperate things into those to test them, and that worked fine too. That only leaves me with the conclusion that Windows screwed something up during the update, and I've spent the better half of the last 2 days trying to find a solution both online and on my own, but to no avail. I finally gave in and asked here.

I've tried updating drivers on my sound card and the headphones, which did nothing. I've set both the headphones and microphone (though technically it's apart of the same headset) as default devices. I've tried removing them and restarting the PC to re-install them, which really only helped with the headphones. I'm at a complete loss here.

:)

StayedGibbon265, Jan 18, 2019

2. Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jan 18, 2019
  4. KerooSeta Win User

Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time

1. Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time - Similar Threads - Either Headset Microphone

2. Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time: Whenever I try to play video games, I can either hear audio, but can't communicate to others, or can communicate to others, but I can't hear anything. I don't know what to do with this problem since I've been trying for a few days but nothing happened. I originally thought...
  3. Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time: Whenever I try to play video games, I can either hear audio, but can't communicate to others, or can communicate to others, but I can't hear anything. I don't know what to do with this problem since I've been trying for a few days but nothing happened. I originally thought...
  4. i can either talk or hear on my headset, but not at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can either talk or hear on my headset, but not at the same time: i have windows 11 and a headset that i use to play video games. a few days ago i got onto a game where u can use voice chat and i went to talk to my friend but i couldn't talk or hear any of my teammates. I went to switch the audio ports around so the mic would go in the...
  5. i can either talk or hear on my headset, but not at the same time

i can either talk or hear on my headset, but not at the same time: i have windows 11 and a headset that i use to play video games. a few days ago i got onto a game where u can use voice chat and i went to talk to my friend but i couldn't talk or hear any of my teammates. I went to switch the audio ports around so the mic would go in the...
  6. Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time: I have a USB Bluetooth adapter connected to my Win 10 PC. I had Sony headphones and now using a Oneplus Z neck band. when trying to work with the mic, its not working and it was disabled. So i enabled it now its working all good. Right then the headphones not working the...
  7. Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time

Either the Headphones or mic works, not both at the same time: I have a USB Bluetooth adapter connected to my Win 10 PC. I had Sony headphones and now using a Oneplus Z neck band. when trying to work with the mic, its not working and it was disabled. So i enabled it now its working all good. Right then the headphones not working the...
  8. How to fix Razer Kraken headset working with only either microphone or headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix Razer Kraken headset working with only either microphone or headset?: How to fix Razer Kraken headset working with only either microphone or headset?Hello. I have bought a Razer Kraken Tournament Edition gaming headset about a year ago. Recently yesterday, my microphone suddenly stopped working. It was weird because earlier that day everything...
  9. Bluetooth-Headset and Microphone not working at the same time.

Bluetooth-Headset and Microphone not working at the same time.: Hi, i purchased the Motorola Pulse Escape headphones and im not able to use the headphones and its mic at the same time, i dont know why but i can hear evryting ok but no one hears me and i did already check my drivers too. My headphones are selected as the standard entry and...
  10. Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.

Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.: Hi everyone, I'm having a slight issue with my turtle beach xo four stealths on my new pc. Before on my laptop, I simply plugged the 3.5mm jack into the headphone port and they acted as both headphones and windows recognized them as an input device also. However now on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset will have either microphone or audio not both

2. koiton each set up windows 10

3. microphone doesnt work kotion each windows 10 64bit

4. either mic or headphones windows,
  5. cant get headphones and micrphone to work while gaming at the same time,
  6. Kotion Each G2000 elite hp