Windows 10: Either my Microsoft Account is not recognised, or I get error code 0x800704cf

Discus and support Either my Microsoft Account is not recognised, or I get error code 0x800704cf in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi all I've been trying to log into the Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Bar apps for some time now. Originally, my Microsoft account email address... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BenAllen9, Feb 20, 2021.

1. BenAllen9 Win User

Either my Microsoft Account is not recognised, or I get error code 0x800704cf

Hi all

I've been trying to log into the Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Bar apps for some time now. Originally, my Microsoft account email address which I can use to successfully log in to both account.xbox.com and account.microsoft.com is not recognised. However, now, I constantly get the error code 0x800704cf i.e. my computer is not connected to the internet which it definitely is.

Interestingly, if I try using a different Microsoft account, I am able to sign in to these Microsoft Apps.

Please, if anybody is able to help, I would be very grateful.

I'm beginning to think there is an issue with my Microsoft account itself...

Thanks in advance

:)

BenAllen9, Feb 20, 2021

2. Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, Feb 20, 2021
  3. 0x800704cf when trying to login Microsoft account

Hi Jamie, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Steven and I'm an independent advisor.

The error code 0x800704cF might sometimes appear if the PC is unable to detect an active Windows license. I suggest you refer to the following link, find your error code there and perform the provided steps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10738/...

____

Steven

Steve Merik, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Either my Microsoft Account is not recognised, or I get error code 0x800704cf

Error code 0x800704cf

Hi,

I've been having trouble with the error code 0x800704cf which appears on my default Mail app which prevents it from syncing or any hotmail email services. I've found the app works with gmail accounts but all hotmail accounts seem to encounter
    this connection problem.

I've also found the 0x800704cf occurs during an attempt to update my windows apps through the Microsoft Store. I wondered if there are any leads into why this error code occurs when all my other devices are working fine on the same network.

I've also gone through uninstalling drivers, reset some internet configs and yes, I've restarted my modem and laptop.

AndrewBLowe, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Either my Microsoft Account is not recognised, or I get error code 0x800704cf

1. Either my Microsoft Account is not recognised, or I get error code 0x800704cf - Similar Threads - Either Microsoft Account

2. Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account: Hello! I have been expirencing an issue where when I sign into one of my Microsoft accounts im given error code 0x800704cf. Im given this error when trying to sign into any Microsoft app installed on my Windows 11 PC. This only happens to one of my accounts which was hacked...
  3. Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account: Hello! I have been expirencing an issue where when I sign into one of my Microsoft accounts im given error code 0x800704cf. Im given this error when trying to sign into any Microsoft app installed on my Windows 11 PC. This only happens to one of my accounts which was hacked...
  4. Error Code 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code 0x800704cf: I've been having an issue when it comes to trying to update things through the Microsoft Store and using Outlook with my MSN account. This has only been happening since I got my laptop back from having the screen repaired. I've gone through and done everything about resetting...
  5. Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account: I sent my computer in for repairs and it came back with the factory image reinstalled. It's had time to configure a few updates, but I haven't yet reinstalled everything. While trying to use Office 365, I ran into a problem activating my subscription. It gives me this error:...
  6. Error Code 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error Code 0x800704cf: How do I fix this? I can't access any Microsoft content on my pc. I have tried 3 different pc's, none work. OneDrive won't work. Even login.live.com on a browser won't load. Any suggestions? I have tried every single troubleshooting guide on the internet and nothing has...
  7. Cant log into account. Error code 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant log into account. Error code 0x800704cf: I cant sign into my account and ive tried everything. But i can sign into my othere account just fine without a network error code. Not sure whats going on....
  8. error code 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0x800704cf: I keep getting the above code when I try to download Microsoft games. Will also say I'm not connected to the internet when I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x800704cf/07a38175-29ef-4975-8840-f775baa5313d
  9. Kepp getting error code 0x800704cf whenever i try to login to programs with my microsoft...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kepp getting error code 0x800704cf whenever i try to login to programs with my microsoft...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/r5zlx6z3tu241.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=a6489f7d811d57373b2298bcb5091efbba824292 submitted by /u/Naathaannn [link] [comments]...
  10. error code: 0x800704cf in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error code: 0x800704cf in microsoft store: when i tried to install GeoGebra in Microsoft store an error box appears saying that the action requires internet access, when I have the internet activated, I already did several tests to know if I have internet and from what I see, the microsoft store is the only one that...